BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst (Investment and Borrowing) Trustee & Depositary
The Trustee & Depositary function is a specialist provider of fiduciary services to UCITS, Non UCITS and AIFMD Fund Structures. The core responsibility of the depositary is to act solely in the interest of the investor, to hold in safekeeping the assets of the investment funds and provide oversight on the activities of the scheme.
- Ensure the investment funds are in compliance with regulatory and fund-specific documentation.
- Complete daily review of output from automated compliance monitoring system where applicable and assist with any rule changes or new fund launches.
- Query management to resolution.
- Prepare reporting requirements for the Client services team for Board reporting of the relevant investment funds.
- Investigate errors/breaches on the investment funds to satisfactory conclusion, documenting them in register.
- Prepare regulatory reporting.
- Preparation for and input to reports for client meetings
- Liaise with internal and external parties on issues pertaining to the investment funds as required.
- Provide and participate in cross training with colleagues where necessary.
- Provide cover where necessary for other team members for holidays/sickness.
- Assist in preparation for visits from compliance, audit etc… for relevant investment funds.
- Attend any courses that may be relevant to trustee and depositary role.
- Escalate material items to line management promptly.
- Ensure all company procedures and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Assist in any ad hoc tasks as requested.
Trustee and Depositary - IC1 Assists management in maintaining a comprehensive monitoring program and conducting a wide range of administrative and monitoring activities across both Custodians and Fund Managers (including their delegates). Ensures the funds comply with regulatory and fund-specific documentation. Produces of Trustee reports for funds for each period and/or year-end. Assists in the preparation of reporting requirements for the Board of the Fund. Assists in the investigation of pricing and other errors on the fund to satisfactory conclusion. Documents breaches/errors onto the breaches register. Liaises with internal and external parties on issues pertaining to the funds as required. Provides and participates in cross training with colleagues where necessary. Attends role relevant course when required. Reviews and completes and number of administrative duties within the team. No direct reports. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
QualificationsMinimum Educational Requirements:
- Third level qualification preferably in business/legal related/accounting/finance
- Proficiency with MS Office & PC literacy
- Understands the background of various fund types in terms of legal rules and regulations.
- Analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve issues to the
- satisfaction of clients.
- Active, communicative and able to work well in a team
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet
- Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under time pressure
- Prior Trustee & Depositary/ Fund administration experience is highly desirable.
- PC Literacy
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- opportunity to understand the structure of Trustee and Depositary
- A collaborative culture and great teams
- A supportive, open and inclusive working environment
- Challenging work
- Sports, social and charity events
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 0-3 years of total work experience is preferred. Financial industry experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Leinster-Wexford
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70618
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1904491