BNY Mellon Careers
IM EMEA - Head of Investment Risk (UK)
To support and guide IM EMEA Ltd and its affiliated fund and distribution entities (BNYMFM UK, BNYMFM Luxembourg, BNYMGM Ireland) in managing investment risk and related manager oversight. Responsible for managing the investment risk reporting framework for IM UK, the entities it is directly responsible for, and coordinating with and supporting the Luxembourg team.
BNY Mellon Investment Management’s goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever-changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.9 trillion AUM (as at 31 March 2018) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world’s largest global asset managers We provide investment management, investment services and wealth management that help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world.
• Collate, generate and analyse portfolio risk data for the in-scope funds and segregated account portfolios operated and managed out of the UK by IM EMEA and report the results to the relevant internal committees and fund Boards.
• Develop and enhance the investment risk framework analysis tools and risk reporting. Assist in the development of investment risk analysis and reporting tools.
• Responsible for investment manager investment oversight.
• Carry out diagnostic work on errors and issue recommendations; Develop, monitor and report Key Risk Indicators where appropriate.
• Incident Management and communication; Provide technical input/oversight to ad-hoc projects and new fund launches; Develop training on Risk Management e.g. induction and on-going training; Develop and maintain Risk Management Policies and Procedures; Review and sign off all relevant documents relating to investment risk (Reports and Accounts, New Manager Risk Assessments, Product Initiation Documents etc.)
• Implement and maintain an investment risk management framework in accordance with relevant regulations (FCA regulations, MiFID, UCITS, AIFMD, etc.)
• Keep the IM EMEA Executives up to date at all times with any pertinent matters; Deputise for the Head of International Product & Governance at relevant meetings; Maintain awareness of risk management, regulatory and industry developments and lead implementation of risk management changes with IM EMEA; Staff management and development.
• Contribute to the effective governance of the EMEA region. Play an active role in regional committees and local boards, offering constructive challenge and helping to support the Committee/Board fulfil its role and responsibilities for those they are a member. Where the job holder acts as a Chair of a Board/Committee, ensure the Board/Committee is effective in all aspects of its role, facilitate and encourage informed and constructive debate on key issues and ensure that members receive relevant management information in an accurate, timely and clear form.
• Help to ensure that a strong governance culture is embedded within the region, that issues are escalated and cascaded appropriately and that key risks are identified, discussed and mitigated.
• Build a good understanding of the EMEA governance framework, including escalation requirements, and ensure there is clear, appropriate and evidenced apportionment of responsibilities amongst staff members for whom the job holder has management responsibility.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
• Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon
• Alert management including the EMEA Head of Risk and Compliance BNY Mellon Asset Management and / or the Chief Compliance & Risk Officer, Investment Management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
• Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
• Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
• Investment management risk oversight experience including modelling and reporting
• VBA coding skills and experience
• Creation of investment risk reports
• Verbal presentation of data to senior management; able to summarise key information accurately and succinctly
• People management skills; able to manage and movtivate direct report staff
Shared Values and Core Competencies:
• Client Focus – Putting the client at the centre of all that we do
• Integrity – Acting with the highest ethical standards for our company, our employees and our clients
• Teamwork – Fostering collaboration and diversity to empower employees to build relationships and deliver insights
• Excellence – Setting the standard for leading-edge solutions, innovation and continuous improvement
• Global Acumen - Developing and incorporating an understanding of the competitive global business environment as well as an awareness of economic, social and political trends that impact the organization’s global strategy
• Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-range course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after analysing factual information and assumptions taking into consideration resources, constraints and organizational values
• Developing Strategic Relationships - Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to influence, collaborate and build effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors and alliance partners)
• Building Organisational Talent - Attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals. Providing timely coaching, guidance and feedback to help others maximize their potential and meet key accountabilities. Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate and guide a team toward successful outcomes and attainment of business objectives
• Change Leadership - Continuously seeking (or encouraging others to seek) opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing organizational problems and opportunities
• Client Orientation - Cultivating strategic client relationships and ensuring that the client perspective is the driving force behind all value-added business activities
• Driving Execution - Translating strategy into operational reality. Breaking down strategic priorities or business initiatives into key tasks and identifying accountabilities. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51748
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1904499