BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Market (Liquidity) Risk
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business, legal entity and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared and legal entity support to BNY Mellon for operational, credit and market risk services for Asset Servicing, Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Markets, Corporate Treasury and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
This role will be part of the EMEA Market and Liquidity Risk team, part of the Treasury Risk function on corporate level, with a focus on BNY Mellon’s banking entities in EMEA and will be based in Wroclaw, Poland. The EMEA Market and Liquidity Risk team (based in London, Frankfurt and Wroclaw) is responsible for measuring, analysing, monitoring and reporting the market and liquidity risks of BNY Mellon’s Corporate Treasury and Markets activities in the EMEA region. The team also supports the regulatory ICAAP, ILAAP and stress testing processes for trading and banking book activities. The team interacts with the business and the business control partners, as well as BNYM Risk Management in EMEA and at the corporate centre. This role will report into the EMEA Head of Market and Liquidity Risk, and will work closely with the Corporate Treasury function and Risk Management, Stress Testing and ICAAP, and Finance functions.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
The aim of the role is to provide professional, value added and efficient market and liquidity risk resource and service through the identification, analysis, monitoring and escalation of treasury market risk, IRRBB and liquidity risk exposures, resulting from the Corporate Treasury activity of BNY Mellon in EMEA.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Responsible for measuring and monitoring of Corporate Treasury market and liquidity risks versus limits on a daily basis according to prescribed policies.
- Investigate periodic changes in risk sensitivities, VaR, stress testing & PnL, provide explains to senior management.
- Provide analysis, challenge and review of the IRRBB process regarding EVE, NII and Capital as well as the Liquidity Stress Testing process (output and underlying assumptions).
- Produce scenario analysis and stress testing of non – traded market risk under various (behavioural) market conditions.
- Produce periodic market and liquidity risk reporting on legal entity level for senior management and committee review, and to support financial and regulatory disclosures.
- Perform annual reviews of the first line framework in Liquidity and IRRBB (models and processes).
- Train and mentor junior members of the team.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- The role requires a thorough understanding of financial markets; investment portfolio management: FX, fixed income and money market trading and investment instruments, and the detailed process by which market and liquidity risks are measured and monitored.
- Understanding of interest rate risk (re-pricing risk, yield curve risk, basis risk and optionality), credit spread risk and FX risk (net open, forward FX risk).
- Understanding of market risk / interest rate risk (behavioural) models and risk sensitivities.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel (including VBA).
- Attention to detail, inquisitive and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively (oral, written).
- Fluency in English, both conversational and written.
- Master’s degree in a numerate discipline required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience desired.
- Treasury market risk, liquidity risk or asset and liability management experience desired.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85209
Requisition Number: 1904545