BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Model Development
The Enterprise Risk Analytics team (based in New York and Wroclaw) is a quantitative modeling team whose mandate is to develop solutions (frameworks, models, tools) to enterprise-wide analytical problems to inform strategic decision making.
Examples of current and past projects include the development and implementation of an Early Warning Indicators framework and system, the development and implementation of a Risk-adjusted profitability framework and calculator capturing leverage, liquidity and capital requirements from the Basel III accord together with stress capital requirements from the Dodd-Frank Act in the U. S. and the development of a Risk Materiality framework & calculator to support the Risk Identification & Materiality assessment process used in Enterprise-wide Stress-testing. The longer term mandate of the team includes the development of a framework & models to forecast the Enterprise Risk profile of the bank.
The Senior Specialist based in Wroclaw will contribute to highly visible enterprise-wide modeling programs, dedicated to a specific area of the business or Risk area. The models make estimates that are a key input to management decisions and are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis. The role will be to execute corporate-wide standards for model development. The incumbent will be responsible for leading work to identify problems that can be solved by the application of financial theory and the building of models which improves the firm's operations. This will entail investigating and selecting frameworks best suited to solve a problem and deciding on the scope of the solution.
- Execute corporate-wide standards for model development, by setting the scope of a development effort. This entails determining the frameworks that will be used, the source data that should be collected, assumptions that must be made, and the outcomes that need to be reviewed. Execute corporate-wide standards for model development, by setting the scope of a development effort. This entails determining the frameworks that will be used, the source data that should be collected, assumptions that must be made, and the outcomes that need to be reviewed.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of framework options and identify which is most likely to meet the needs of the business.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues;
- Ensure proper model documentation is being put in place.
- Support the validation of models; the incumbent is expected to provide testing and analysis at the request of Model Risk Management.
- Support the use of models; the incumbent is expected to execute models in accordance with approval conditions and communicate results to management.
- Performance monitoring of models, identifying possible deteriorating by comparing outcomes to established thresholds.
No direct reports; provides guidance to more junior analysts.
Master’s Degree/PhD in a quantitative discipline, including Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Economics.
The candidate must have
- a superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills
- minimum 2 years (2 - 5 preferred) of modeling experience in financial services.
- proficiency in SQL and experience with complex quantitative modeling, numerical analysis, and computational methods using programming languages (such as MATLAB, SAS, R) as well as mathematical/statistical software packages.
- excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills, and the skills to explain abstract theoretical concepts to a non-expert audience in easy-to-understand language.
- attention to detail, inquisitive and a high level of accuracy.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85358
Requisition Number: 1904696