Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a number of senior technical leads in our Manchester development centre to meet the business projects for 2019 and beyond.
Overview of the Role
As a technical lead at Pershing, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department and with our end-users across the full software development lifecycle. We work in an iterative process using best practices from both Agile and Waterfall methodologies to deliver solutions frequently with the necessary controls required in a highly regulated global financial organisation. Our team is based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
The architecture is primarily based on Microsoft .net / C#, Microsoft SQL, Java & Unisys ABSuite.
We need someone who:
• Enjoys being hands-on in the delivery of highly complex, scalable and robust solutions, both as an individual contributor and leading the technical aspects of projects
• Will be an advocate to improve the SDLC practices in the team such as TDD and Continuous Integration, raise the knowledge across the team and act as the owner for improvement
• Will lead and define the technology road map for the team
• Is able to communicate, work alongside and collaborate across technology teams across offices
• Has experience setting best in class development and quality standards
• Proposes innovation and creativity in the delivery of all our solutions
• Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Hands-on experience of .Net / C# design and development
• Expert knowledge of Object Oriented, design principles and pattern
• Expert knowledge and experience of unit testing, continuous integration, automated testing, appropriate documentation, Clean coding practices, SOLID principles etc.
• Experience of the full development lifecycle (including both Agile and Waterfall)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Financial services knowledge
• Java / BPM / SQL / Web Services / UX development
• Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
• Experience working and delivering across a multi-location team
• Experience migrating from legacy technologies
In return, we will
• Provide you with interesting and complex technologies problems for you to solve
• Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
• Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
• Facilitate and support “Lunch and Learn” sessions
• Build a career path specifically for you
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise. Find out more at pershing.com/Europe
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60144
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1904947