BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Bus.Analysis Cons't
As BNYM continue in their transformation and digitization of their payments processing platform and associated processes we are looking for a candidate to fulfill a role in the Payments Business Analyst group. This Business Analyst will be responsible for:
Creation of Business and Functional Requirements for projects large and small, ranging from small functional enhancements to large multi-year transformation projects.
Driving business architectural solutions focused on flexibility, time to market and re-usability
Working with business and technology partners to provide a seamless experience to users both internal and external when interacting with payment systems specifically
Principal Business Analysis Consultant->> Provides technical leadership in a specific business domain within a line of business. Serves in a cross-program role to ensure quality of the deliverables within their areas of expertise and drives innovation and strategic solutions within global, mission-critical, large-scale programs. Provides expertise for a specific domain within a line of business. Directs and assists team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, translate into functional design and use case models. Manages the project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- 5+ years’ experience in Payments technology and/or Business - ideally both.
- A strong business and technical knowledge in disciplines surrounding a High and Low Value Payment Processing, Emerging technologies, use of APIs, concepts such as Blockchains
- Foreign Exchange, Direct and Indirect clearing mechanisms including Fed/Chips clearing
- Payment messaging such as MT, MX formats and ISO 200022 standards
- Payment files processes, US ACH and International ACH payment schemes and processes.
- While focus is on payment processing knowledge of the following areas is also critical:
- Account static data management,
- Payment charging concepts,
- Watchlist and Anti Money Laundering scanning,
- Funds Control,
- Liquidity Management,
- Client and Regulatory reporting
- Real Time Payments processing
- Knowledge of Development Lifecycles and Agile approach to project implementation
- Project Management experience would be considered a plus
- Communication Skills
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Technical Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Decision-Making Skills
- Managerial Skills
- Negotiation and Persuasion Skills
Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45195
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1905018