BNY Mellon Careers
Princ'l Arch't,Data Mgmt-SQL*
Principal Architect, Data Management->> Responsible for the delivery of high quality data architectural solutions, including enterprise and line of business architectures, while ensuring compliance with company policies. Initiates and drives processes that unleash the value of the Company's data assets to gain competitive advantage in the marketplace. Strategizes and contributes to enterprise level technological initiatives on data governance, management and usage. Defines and implements data architecture for corporate data governance and database design principles. Ensures data management business solution deliveries. Adheres to the established data architecture methodologies and standards, and in compliance with company policy. Identifies organization-wide initiatives and makes recommendations for the use of data warehouse technology. Works closely with senior management to educate and to articulate resource requirements necessary to promote warehousing goals. Oversees warehousing activities of the organization to assure the strategic goals of the organization are met, and to assure integration of corporate data constructs (logical and physical database designs). Works toward architectures enterprise data solutions. Performs enterprise planning and designing solutions for emerging business and complex technology environments, including data warehousing. Identifies and recommends ways to drive more value out of the company's data. Designs stable and flexible high performance database solutions, maximizing data reuse and avoiding data redundancy, according to
We are working on a large data lake implementation for the Data Management Integration group, where our team, the Integrated Business Data (IBD) team, develops common data assets which can be used consistently by multiple functional consumers for 15 standardized data domains sourced across 71 upstream data applications. We are staffing up for a new high profile firm initiative and are looking to add a data architect to our team with the following responsibilities:
the current and anticipated business rules, following SDLC. Works with other stakeholders in optimizing database solutions. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Maintains expertise and act as the point person for the canonical data domain, understanding the inbound sourcing data, and the internal data mappings of data necessary for onboarding into IBD that is ready to adopt by consumers.
- Verifies and ensures the final data implementation matches the envisioned design standards,
- Creates documentation and data artifacts necessary to implement standardized sourcing and mapping of data that can be ingested into core tables for user consumption.
- Verifies the data sourcing implementation adheres to the data and design standards.
- Helps maintain a transparent and well defined release cycle scope by recommending new tasks and advising on tasks, effort, risks, and dependencies for items in the product backlog. Works on individual items in a prioritized fashion.
- Creates, maintains, and updates a data model that adheres to the data and metadata standards needed to load data for consumption to users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. 10-12 years of experience in data management services required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45009
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Architecture and Data-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1905058