BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Client Service
The Service Director (SD) is responsible for closely managing the day-to-day operations of a select group of clients. This client base typically includes firms that are large fund managers, insurance companies, banks, pension funds and other like businesses. In this capacity, the incumbent will closely monitor daily operational and system workflows to ensure proper service levels are maintained or exceeded. They are expected to have a deep understanding of all products and services provided to a client. They participate in critical decisions about servicing, highlight opportunities for improvement and recommend enhancements to the operating model.
The Junior Service Director will be responsible to manage Service Director Support staff in their day to day activities and be a point of escalation. As a functional manager he/she will also work closely with the SDs and will be responsible for assisting in managing the day to day operational tasks of a group of clients as outlined below.
- Close monitoring of daily operational and system workflows to ensure proper service levels are maintained or exceeded.
- Cooperation with the NA SDs and RMs to ensure deployment of new business opportunities and will look for ongoing ways to continuously improve the relationship and service model.
- Work on client matters that require escalation dependent on the nature of the issue.
- Traverse a broad base of global service teams to ensure clients are served exceptionally.
- Must work through multiple client issues at varying levels of complexity.
- Is fully engaged in all matters related to the client, from routine service issue escalation to new product roll-outs. In order to be effective in the execution of such a broad range of responsibilities, the Junior SD must be integrated with all servicing teams providing products and services to the clients. In this manner, the Junior SD would monitor that all of the global service teams are performing their daily activities effectively and that we are meeting our service commitments. They must effectively balance the dual goals of meeting service delivery commitments, while ensuring that BNY Mellon is in full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- The Junior SD will liaise with the NA SD and RM and other operational constituents with leading the client through the on boarding process. They will guide the client through the Business Acceptance process, which is designed to ensure that all internal constituents fully appreciate the client’s business requirements and that the appropriate controls and resources are in place around new business.
- Partner with the Implementation teams to develop a highly customized process designed to successfully launch a multiple product business relationship.
- Billing and Debtor management
- Know Your Client / Business Acceptance and Anti-Money Laundry support on behalf of SD
- (Annual) Service Level Agreement renewal
- General Administration
- Support SD in preparation for Internal “Global Forums” (e.g. FA, TA, Custody, Billing etc.) through review of Dashboard including follow up with SDs where Dashboard data / commentary is incomplete;
- Follow up on any client queries re Workbench / Apollo set up with CTDS;
- Support SD regarding Due Diligence questionnaires, logistics and preparation for due diligence meetings including (client Internal Audit), 1st line review of monthly service reports, quarterly board reports (SD would have final sign off);
- Support where collation of information /data internally may be required for Internal Project Teams mainly regulatory driven (LCR, CAP, CASS);
- Collate Middle Office KPIs (specific to Middle Office Outsourcing clients);
- ENGAGE maintenance (call reports & client contacts);
- Run Client Specific reports / support Client Specific procedures (e.g. interest rate overview etc.).
- Support for Service Director Dashboard
- Process Change Management requests
- Core competencies of Communication Skills, Decision-making and Accountability, Flexibility and Adaptability and Managing Risk
- Personal Organization
- Work Quality/Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Initiative/Sense of Urgency
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Excel for data analysis
- Thorough knowledge of Global Custody markets and products
- Academic/ Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Knowledge of various BNYM systems will be the attitude.
- Minimum of Bachelor level education or equivalent.
- Proven custody or fund management experience (5+ years), preferably performing a client-facing role.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70101
Organization: Service Directors-HR16351
Requisition Number: 1905129