BNY Mellon Careers
Network Services Engineer (Principal Network Engineer)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We are hiring a Network Architect for the Network Services group in TSG. This role is the leader in all aspects of network designs but will focus on data center virtualization including VMs and containers networking designs and implementations. This role will help develop the network strategies and network engineering best practices to support various business critical applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads the research, design, development of new and emerging network technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for future networking solutions.
- Defines network architecture and configuration best practices for physical and virtual networks including VXLAN, EVPN, Cisco ACI, VMWare VSphere/NSX, Linux container networking and SDN technologies.
- Leads relationships with other IT groups and vendor representatives on strategic projects including the development of the new data centers.
Principal Network Engineer->> Leads the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with other IT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate network issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required; advanced degree is preferred.
- 10-12 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting secure high-traffic networks is required; Previous Network Architect / Solution Architect experience preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in designing and implementing virtualized network infrastructure based on VXLAN, EVPN, Cisco ACI, VMware VSphere/NSX and SDN technologies.
- 1-2 years of experience in Linux Container networking.
- 1-2 years of experience in network programmability. Experience with model-driven programmability stack including JSON and XML encoding, NETCONF, RESTCONF and REST protocols and YANG framework.
- 1-2 years of experience in developing IaaS and SaaS public Cloud networking strategies and security.
- Preferred Certifications: CCIE, VCP, AWS, CISSP
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45197
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1905201