BNY Mellon Careers
Newton Snr Sharepoint Developer
The SharePoint developer is exciting opportunity to contribute to, and drive the delivery of Newton’s SharePoint and Nintex workflow platforms. There is also opportunity to contribute to other Newton web based platforms.
As an experienced SharePoint developer, the successful candidate will be a senior member of the development team and take ownership of Newton’s Intranet (SharePoint).
The successful candidate will be resourceful, energetic, and ready to hit the ground running. You’ll need to work well in a team and be able to interact effectively with both technology and business users within the marketing and commercial team. You should be ready to share ideas and fresh perspectives.
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £46.7 bn assets under management (as at 31 December 2018), including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newtonim.com and via Twitter: @NewtonIM.
What’s on Offer?
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work offer a number of benefits like a 12% pension contribution, flexible working hours and opportunities to progress. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organization a great place to work. Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a commitment to diversity.
• The SharePoint Developer will be responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining the Newton SharePoint environments
• Participation in and championing user experience design.
• Act as a subject matter expert guiding best practices around the Newton SharePoint Intranet implementation.
• Identify the optimal use of SharePoint platform functionality.
• Interact with both business and technology staff to understand their requirements at the same time as offering innovative ideas and suggestions.
• The developer will be responsible for developing, modifying and maintaining the Nintex workflow applications that reside on the SharePoint platform
• Develop SharePoint solutions in an agile and iterative way working closely with business and technology stakeholders as appropriate.
• Implementation of Nintex and SharePoint-based workflows and other configuration based components.
• Work on the integration of third party web-parts where appropriate. Provide guidance on their viability and ultimately, usage.
• Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity is required.
Job Specific Competencies
Technical Skills/Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• Experience programming in .NET 3.5+, C#, HTML5, CSS and ASP.NET.
• Experience developing Web Parts, and workflow creation. (essential)
• Competent in both SharePoint 2010 and 2013. (essential)
• Experience working within an Office 365 environment (desirable)
• Experience in the full software development lifecycle including analysis, design, user experience, hands-on development and delivery
• Experience with SharePoint’s application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
• Experience working in an agile environment and the use of agile techniques.
• Experience in the development of an internal intranet for a medium to large organisation.
• Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture (desirable)
• Development using Nintex workflow (desirable but not essential)
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
• Microsoft certified developer (desirable but not essential)
People (team-working/collaboration skills):
• Build relationships with developers and teams across the business to ensure close working practices and productive processes
• Fantastic communicator and collaborator keen to work closely across teams and the business
Self (integrity and the ability to reflect confidence):
• Exceptional problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity
• Quality focused with an eye for detail
• Passion for innovation and creative problem solving
How to Apply:
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed, and you’re looking to develop a career within an award winning investment management firm, please submit your CV via our Careers site.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51575
Organization: INVESTMENT BOUTIQUES AM-HR17966
Requisition Number: 1905232