BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Client Reporting/Performance
Lead and develop a team to deliver Investment Compliance Monitoring in accordance with market best practice, client service agreements, and internal policies and procedures. Manage the day-to-day production, quality checks and distribution of reporting and adhere to all legal, risk and compliance requirements. As an integral part of the Operations Management Team (comprising the Group Manager and team managers) define local and department strategy and goals, and cultivate a well-controlled environment and a high-performance culture with strong Employee Engagement. Monitor progress using appropriate metrics and act on the results, communicating results and action plans via Management Reporting. Collaborate with other departments within the company as appropriate, particularly the Accounting and Relationship Management groups.
• Accountable for the accurate and timely delivery of Investment Compliance Monitoring to the clients for which your team are responsible.
• Responsible for coaching, motivating, and mentoring your team members.
• Monitor and manage your teams through a clear set of targets and objectives and establish an environment of continuous improvement.
• Encourage your teams to perform best practice at all times in their daily tasks.
• Understand and constantly analyse the Operating Model for teams you manage and drive enhancements to processes as required to ensure efficiency.
• Monthly reporting to Operations Senior Management on a variety of statistics and commentary including Key Performance Indicators, staff issues, high profile clients, and Operational activity.
• Provide vision and leadership independently and with other Operations Managers.
• Collaborate with the Client Relationship Team to achieve business retention and development deliverables for the respective client base. This includes information sharing, attending client meetings and representing Operations on conference calls.
• Collaborate with the other parts of the business to ensure smooth relations and opportunity for business is maximised. Facilitate and lead both internal and external meetings to meet business needs.
• Be aware of and proactively respond to developments in the Company that could affect your clients and team.
• Succession planning for the functions managed.
• Ensure client issues are resolved quickly and effectively within the agreed timescales.
• Maintain and develop BNY Mellon's profile in the market place at the highest standard of integrity and professionalism in conjunction with the Operations Management Team. Develop a network within the industry.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the investment industry.
• Candidate to have 5+ yrs. experience in Financial / Investment Industry with 2+ yrs. in Leadership / Managerial roles
• Very strong managerial and leadership skills with focus on employee development, client satisfaction, process improvement and risk management.
• Excellent talent management skills including extensive recruitment and selection experience with a focus on diversity & inclusion.
• Excellent written and oral communication/relationship skills with internal stakeholders and external clients.
• Minimum of degree level education or equivalent.
• Experience of delivering and/or leading Investment Monitoring services would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Regulatory Investment Monitoring (UCITS, AIFMD, Netherlands Central Bank) would be also be advantageous.
What we can offer you
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70658
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1905240