BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Representative (Supervisory), Non Standard Reconciliation Team
Lead Representative (Supervisor) in Non Standard Reconciliation Team manages the day-to-day operations of a small-to-medium-sized fund accounting support team. Sets work priorities and allocates resources according to client and accounting functional needs. The desired candidate should be enthusiastic, attentive to detail, flexible and have the drive to be successful while working in a dynamic and challenging environment. The candidate will need both strong communication and time management skills. The candidate should be a team player, focused on consistently achieving both team and company goals.
- Manages the daily accounting and net asset value (NAV) production workflow to service multiple funds. Reviews data and assists in resolving escalated problems that may arise during the normal daily, weekly or monthly accounting and reporting.
- Supervises the tracking of fund data and maintenance of accounting records. Establishes data maintenance and summarization processes and procedures to improve team efficiency and best support the accounting team.
- Sets standards for team's report output to be shared with accounting teams. Coordinates review of reports and the sharing of reports with accounting teams.
- Maintains relationships with client staff. Ensures clients receive needed information in a timely manner and that all accounting support needs are met.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to reduce audit and financial exposure and improve team efficiency.
- Provides technical support including investigation of issues, researching new functionality and responding to client's issues.
- Understands developments in field and their impact on the work.
- Maintaining checklists and procedure documents making sure they are fully updated and signed off.
- Ensure BNY Mellon and Client standard procedures and controls are being adhered to on a daily basis.
- Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to the Assistant Manager in a timely fashion.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to staff, with the goal to developing personnel on a career path. Monitoring staff development against their development objectives, serving as a resource to staff and providing adequate training as appropriate.
- Tone from the Top - Work collaboratively and on a timely basis with Managers to review operational controls, conduct root-cause analysis and implement remediation activities emanating from operating incidents and near-miss events.
- Risk Competence & Knowledge - Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and follow all Business Unit operational procedures and other directive controls (eg. checklists) as designed.
- Accountability - Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
a) Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
b) Errors or potential errors;
c) Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention).
- At least 3 years work experience in financial services / accounting; experience in fund administrations not a must, however would be an advantage
- Educated to Masters or Degree level; Finance or similar field will be an advantage
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Initiative and enthusiasm with an ability to achieve challenging goals
- PC literacy
- Fluency in English is essential
What we can offer you
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70511
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1905328