BNY Mellon Careers
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
Internal Audit is an independent, objective assurance function that employs a systematic, risk-based approach to the review and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and sustainability of risk management procedures, internal control systems, information systems, and governance systems and processes. Internal Audit has free and unrestricted access to execute its function as it relates to the Company's books, records, documents, personnel (including the Board of Directors), and physical properties. Internal Audit has no direct operational responsibility or authority over any of the activities they review, but does follow up on audit issues to ensure remedial action is taken when necessary.
Leads or performs audit related activities and works as a team member on audit assignments. Leads risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited. Draws on extensive experience to plan and deliver audits.
When performing project leader role, responsible for ensuring testing is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations, when performing a project leader role.
- Tests operational and other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies. Demonstrates understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity.
- Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks. Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy. Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Uses knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team. Thinks beyond past routines about new issues or risks. Demonstrates skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader, audit manager, and auditees.
- Serves as a internal resource capable of a wide range of Audit issue and processes. To build a deep understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and/or business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes and leverage them to solve difficult problems.
- Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and auditees.. Able to clearly explain the audit process to auditees, as well as any findings or results. Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Elevates potential audit issues to the AIC as soon as they are identified. Has demonstrated ability to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and is gaining skill in persuading and influencing others to adopt a new point of view.
- Applies advanced analytical problem-solving skills and leads others in solving complex issues and identifying innovative solutions. Finds effective solutions to problems involving specialism. In such cases, contributes technical or specialized skills sets or business knowledge not readily available elsewhere in the department to solve audit issues. Identifies inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s). Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and actively takes part in advancing recommendations for software support requests.
- Compiles audit information for the purpose of reporting to governance forums such as Audit Committee, Risk and Capital Management Committee etc., to other functions such Risk and to regulators.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
- Prior experience in Audit or a relevant specialty area preferred (Risk, Embedded/Internal Control, Compliance).
- Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883). I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes. Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details: BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office- Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85002
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1905338