BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Client Experience Design
The newly formed Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers.
As part of the enterprise-wide digital team, Client Experience Strategy is a core capability to develop the enterprise-wide CX strategy as well as to support complex strategic initiatives.
The primary focus and responsibilities will be to design superior client experiences across our product and service portfolio.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Leads and supports research, interaction & visual design and concept & prototype development across complex servicing and solution propositions.
- Synthesizes research findings for presentations to service, product and development teams.
- Conducts journey mapping or ecosystem analysis, future state development and visual articulation thereof.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to management and staff related to user research, , surveys, interviews, work studies, and heuristic evaluations.
- Reviews documentation of research findings presented to product and development teams.
- Defines and reviews new and modified user personas.
- Develops multi-channel interaction design and visual concepts.
- Identifies, evaluates and applies best practice from external industries.
- Supports cross-functional design workshops as part of multi-week design sprints.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams during concept development and storyboarding including line of business specific UX teams and marketing.
- Collaborates with UX teams and developers in lines of business.
- Supports the development of an enterprise-wide CX strategy.
- Constantly evaluates current CX methods and strategies and implements determined improvements.
Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Able to work with and guide cross-functional/non-technical design teams
- Able to dive into complex service solutions while maintaining a strategic design direction
- Understanding of business users of services and enterprise software
- Understanding of implications on service design and technology requirements
- Able to laterally transfer outside of the industry best practices to work products in financial services
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45192
Organization: Client Experience-HR18006
Requisition Number: 1905399