For over 230 years,the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the
financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create,
trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments &
safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains
one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees
make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial
assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions,
corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon
across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the
collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client
service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set
us apart. Make your
provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses.
Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk
Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management
and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk
services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk
Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and
critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for
operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts,
Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY
Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable
laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through
business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under
Description: Overview of the team
Reporting to the Senior Risk Manager for EMEA covering the following business lines of Markets, Corporate Treasury, Clearance and Collateral Management and Treasury Services. You will be part of a global team of risk professionals supporting the above businesses within EMEA. This position will require regular communication and collaboration with the wider Risk teams across other Legal Entities and geographies, as well as with Senior Managers in Operations, Internal Control, Credit / Market Risks, Treasury, Compliance, Finance, Audit and Legal teams.
Job Purpose: What does the role entail
- To ensure the Banks Operational Risk Management Framework is complete and applied consistently throughout the EMEA business lines as mentioned above.
- To provide business management and other Bank Groups with independent guidance and challenge on all aspects of Operational Risk and governance.
- To ensure material emerging and top risks are identified, discussed and escalated if necessary within the EMEA and Global Governance Frameworks as well as through to the other Senior Risk Managers
Responsibilities: Key parts to the job role
- Work closely with the line of business management in order to understand their business and what concerns they may have. The primary business groups for this role, will be the Markets businesses, specifically FX and /Fixed Income, Assess risks, identifying emerging issues, assisting with the development of processes and controls to manage risks, monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment,
- Monitor and challenge business activities and increase business line awareness of the risk management framework.
- Production of routine Operational Risk Reporting for Senior Management and Governance Committees compiling management information, and adding quantitative / qualitative risk analysis
- Independently develops reporting on outputs of risk management activities completed, with all reporting adhering to established CORM policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the assigned business line’s appropriate completion of all steps involved in the identification of possible risks during the creation or modification of new products and processes, and all non-standard business acceptance events
- To identify each businesses’ risk issues and to be proactive in promoting possible solutions to manage any residual risks.
- Identify material operational risks, assess the effectiveness of control design, changes and ensure that any control gaps identified and managed until closed within a timely basis.
- Input on development and implementation of standards and policies appropriate for the business that conform to the principles and policies established by Risk Management.
- Participate in, or lead, cross-functional initiatives designed to assess and mitigate risk.
- Elevate, report and investigate errors, losses and near misses, identifying the root causes and overseeing the implementation of corrective actions.
- Work with the line of business to ensure all Risk Events are comprehensively captured within the Risk Management Platform, linked to the relevant G/L postings, a closed in a timely manner.
- Analyse data and errors to identify emerging risks, related to new products or significant business process changes and propose effective solutions
- Review key risk indicators for coverage and effectiveness, identifying root causes for red and/or amber conditions.
- Ensure that processes, risks and controls are continually reassessed for appropriateness and completeness.
- Attend business, risk and governance forums and committees relating to EMEA Markets Businesses and as required by the Senior Group Risk Manager covering the wider business functions and legal entities.
- Provide reporting to, and respond to requests from Senior Group Risk Management, as it relates to the oversight of EMEA Markets activities and the implementation of the risk management framework within the businesses.
- Promote a strong risk
awareness culture within the EMEA business
Managing self – takes
continuous learning and self-development.
Self-awareness – show
awareness of own strengths and areas for improvement, and is open to and
Adapts to change –
can adapt approach and demeanour to match shifting demands of different people
Results – takes
action on new opportunities and issues with a sense of urgency, and enthusiasm.
holds self and others accountable to meeting commitments, managing risk and
fostering a culture
cross-functional network of relationships and breaks silos
effectively communicates by conveying information and ideas clearly either
written or verbally, in order for any type of audience to understand and retain
- Cross lines of business, legal entities, regional and global Risk Management teams.
- Lines of business management and staff.
- Internal / External Audit,
- Internal Control Office, Regulatory, Compliance, Legal, Market Risk,
- Credit Risk, and Finance.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Sounds knowledge of business areas within the portfolio
- Client focus – demonstrate clear understanding of importance of effective customer service, internally and externally.
- Trust – evidences high standards of integrity and openness
- Teamwork – demonstrates ability to work effectively as a member of the team, a collaborative style and understands the value of diversity.
- Outperformance – evidence the ability to exceed expectations of others.
- Knowledge or exposure of one or more of the following areas:- Foreign Exchange, Capital Markets, Securities Lending, Collateral Management, Custody.
- Desirable – BSc/BA degree and some experience of at least one of the following in an established financial services or investment management firm: - risk management, control function, operations, change management or audit.
- Knowledge and experience of current regulatory topics and change programmes is desirable
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85172
Requisition Number: 1905508