BNY Mellon Careers
Global Payments group within Treasury Services is looking to hire a Principal Developer.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional Java development experience, core Java and Multithreading
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt quickly to changes
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), good interpersonal skills, ability to gather and understand requirements in the financial sector (Math background highly desirable)
Technical experience includes:
- Extensive Java , Spring , Camel , J2EE and other distributed technologies n-tier application experience
- Strong SQL skills with considerable experience in Oracle
- Knowledge of XML/XSL
- Knowledge in Angular JS ( Nice to have)
- Hands-on experience with Web Services & REST API
- Experience with Tomcat, Linux, Cloud. GIT , MAVEN , SVN
- Strong with OO design and development
- Experience with developing applications for the financial markets – Payments
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1905523