BNY Mellon Careers
Global Head of FX Regulatory Strategy and Remediation (Senior Principal, Regulatory Oversight Management)
The global presence of our Foreign Exchange ("FX") capabilities allows BNY Mellon clients to transact in a variety of currencies in developed, emerging and frontier markets. The technology used for these capabilities is designed to offer productivity tools, help mitigate operational risks and provide access to local liquidity.
With the convenience of 11 sales and trading centers located around the world and 24/5 hour access to trading professionals – our Markets FX team is able to function in a convenient and efficient manner globally.
Our FX Expertise includes:
- Spot, forwards, swaps and non-deliverable forwards (NDF)
- Maintaining currency risk management through the application of our globally accessible execution channels and flow analyses
- Offering insightful and timely markets commentary
- Facilitating currency hedging programs customized to our clients’ specifications with the aid of our iHedge® software
- Providing multi-currency cross-border payments in over 100 markets
- Access to iFlow® (our multi-asset capital flow product)
· Resides in the business and manages first line of defense regulatory oversight management efforts as they relate to complex regulatory and policy requirements, program and project development.
· Thorough knowledge of Financial Services rules and regulations.
· Solid understanding of Compliance Risk Management and best practices.
· Excellent problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills.
· The ability to handle stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
· Ability to effectively deal with senior management as well as, Federal/State and other Regulators Strong interpersonal skills to influence and impact business decisions over which the incumbent has no direct authority.
· Analyzes complex existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements, and industry practices for first line of defense compliance requirements .
· Helps businesses develop and implement procedures to meet complex compliance requirements.
· Validate controls or project plans to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations and manage risk.
· Partners with business unit managers to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
· May supervise a small team of analysts.
· No direct reports: provides technical advice/guidance to less experienced team members and may allocate work within the team.
· Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
· Supports multiple, complex projects and owns project timelines and leadership expectations.
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 10 plus years of total work experience preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70399
Job: Global Markets
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1905609