BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Regulatory Oversight Management (Global Markets Operations)
Markets Operations and Regulatory Operations Group
Markets Operations supports a number of Operations functions across Markets including: FX Operations, Fixed Income and Equity Operations, Transition Management Group, Client Onboarding and Regulatory Operations. The goal of each of these team’s is to deliver a timely and high quality operational support for all products and clients. They focus on two main objectives: to enhance client experience through the delivery of a consistent and efficient operations process and to accelerate revenue growth through a timely business implementation process.
The Regulatory Operations Group is responsible for ensuring adherence to regulatory reporting requirements:
• Responsible for daily monitoring of transaction reporting to the following jurisdictions: CFTC (United States), Canada, EMIR (Europe), MiFID II (UK), Bank of Israel, HKMA (Hong Kong), MAS (Singapore) and ASIC (Australia)
• Manual resubmission of failed and rejected trades
• Monitoring the timeliness of submissions against SLA standards for each jurisdiction.
• Reconciliation of trade data from source systems against regulatory submission reports
• Responsible for communicating reporting metrics to legal and compliance, and escalating reporting breaches and failures
• Maintenance of Delegated Reporting Client relationships
They play an integral part in supporting the Markets business to ensure compliance with key regulatory requirements.
They interact with various internal teams including: Legal, Compliance, Technology, Reg Change, and Sales and Trading Management.
They are a global team in North America, Europe and Asia with a 24/5 pass-the-book coverage model.
Key roles & Responsibilities – Global Regulatory Operations Manager
• Manage the Global Regulatory Operations team, ensuring adherence to regulatory reporting requirements that impact each of the lines of businesses within Markets
• Works closely with with Legal, Compliance, and Reg Change teams to understand and develop coverage for new and changing regulations
• Directs others to test software enhancements and upgrades as necessary.
• Responsible for escalating any reporting breaches to senior management.
• Act as the primary contact and partner to internal stakeholders and committee meetings in regards to escalation, SLA discussion and monitoring, operational risk and control management, BCP coordination and process transformation
• Oversee the day-to-day escalation issues, design and direct procedures to ensure delivery of consistent results for Regulatory Operations
• Drive operational standardization, efficiencies and transformation for all regulatory reporting processes and controls
• Develop and maintain meaningful metrics to support Regulatory Operations.
• Meet internal policies and procedures and external regulations - across multiple jurisdictions for all products
• Responsible for providing leadership to the Regulatory Operations team. Oversee the workload and activities of assigned staff in order to ensure the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards and Markets policies and procedures
• Promote a culture of process design and challenge to ensure we build processes and teams for the end state for each business and process
• Invest in developing talent focused on client service, operational efficiency and control
• Serves as a role model to teams. Provide training and development opportunities to staff and promote succession pipeline
• Manage 10 direct reports across three locations (Singapore, Manchester, and Pittsburgh)
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of total work experience and 1-3 years of management experience in financial services preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70396
Job: Global Markets
Organization: Markets Core Operations-HR14504
Requisition Number: 1905613