BNY Mellon Careers
IM EMEA - Marketing Trainee - UK
BNY Mellon Investment Management’s goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever-changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.8 trillion AUM (as at 31 March 2019) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world’s largest global asset managers We provide investment management, investment services and wealth management that help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world.
Investment20/20 Marketing Trainee
Joining BNY Mellon you will be a valuable member of the team, providing support to the Head of UK and Senior Marketing Executive in the planning and execution of institutional and intermediary campaigns and to support the overall UK sales and marketing strategy.
Although you may have never heard of BNY Mellon before, this traineeship could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
You will receive ongoing training designed to develop you throughout the year, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. You will have the opportunity to study for the IMC (Investment Management Certificate).
As a trainee at BNY Mellon you will be part of the wider Investment20/20 trainee programme and be part of a community across the industry. You will be invited to training and social events, organised by Investment20/20, having a chance to network with 200 other trainees in the same position as you.
• Support delivery of marketing requirements for marketing plans/campaigns
• Liaising with key internal specialist teams such as content, design, digital and compliance to ensure that all campaign deadlines are met on an ongoing basis
• Work with key stakeholders internally such as sales and corporate communications to ensure they are full briefed on campaign activity
• Ensure maximum reach of content through above the line marketing packages and content partnerships – ensuring we continue to engage clients and increase viewing figures on an ongoing basis
• Help with the development of marketing briefs and campaign schedules, to ensure that all marketing material is produced to a high standard, on schedule and in line with the sales team requirements at all times
• Ensure Salesforce is at the heart of all activity and that all marketing activities which are planned and executed are recorded in the correct manner
• Adopt the use of Marketing Automation and use it effectively and innovatively to generate quality leads to the sales team
• Develop innovative ideas and initiatives to drive brand and product engagement
• Manage BAU (business as usual) activity, e.g. presentations for sales meetings, materials for conferences, production of newsletters
• Proofing copy and managing the sign off process following receipt of concepts from the creative agency
• Work collaboratively with the regional Programme Management Teams to leverage activity
• Build strong strategic partnerships with our core internal and external clients
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
• Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department
• Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness
• Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach
• Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business
What we are looking for
• Good communication
• Customer Orientated
• Interpersonal Skills
• Good judgment
• Managing Risk
Job Specific Competencies:
• Client engagement
• Presentation skills
• Ability to deal with fund managers and clients alike
• Energy, enthusiasm and resilience
• Resourceful and a quick learner
• Demonstrates initiative and understands business priorities
• Team player
• Strong Communicator
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
• Degree level educated
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51632
Organization: BNYM IM EMEA Ltd-HR14104
Requisition Number: 1905650