BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Principal, Product Management
- Leads Product Management, Product Development and Product Strategy for large and/or complex products and drives the strategy for Inventory Management and Asset Mobilisation within the Collateral & Financing Business. Within the Agile Development Framework, the Senior Principal in Product Management acts as the Product Owner to drive strategic direction for the Inventory Management Scrum team.
- Design (Business Requirements) and execute implementation plans to update the collateral management system architecture (in relation to inventory management and asset mobilisation), processes and controls to meet requirements timely and accurately while mitigating risks.
- Develops ideas for new products and generates buy-in from the business to integrate into pipeline. Considered to be an expert in the field and provides functional insight to support the solution of complex, operational and organizational problems.
- Analyze the impact of industry changes with regard to inventory management, and ensure the department’s strategy is updated in response, and positions BNY Mellon’s service to meet the industry’s and client’s needs.
- Leverages strong market knowledge to integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors.
- Seen as a firm expert on inventory management and asset mobilisation. Demonstrates in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and custody landscape as well as client needs to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability and employs a client-focused, strategic approach. Experience in custody and clearing solutions for European and Asian settlement infrastructure is required. Experience with blockchain or DLT solutions for asset tokenisation is useful.
- Responsible for revenue goals, profitability, and pricing for all products along with capital and operating budgets for inventory management.
- Guides junior product managers and works with operations and systems managers during product implementation to ensure goals are met.
- Takes an active role in the development and coaching of Product Managers.
- No direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred.
- MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- Experience in the area of asset mobilization in the collateral ecosystem and strong understanding of the custody chain is preferred.
- Requires a deep understanding of the Collateral business, the securities lending business, the financial industry in general and the changing regulatory environment. He/She should also have a deep understanding of the global debt and equity markets.
- Should have the ability to strategically design structures and processes that will create innovative value added services that enable them to scale their business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70659
Organization: Global Collateral Management-HR07720
Requisition Number: 1905673