BNY Mellon Careers
Investment Management Governance Team Executive
BNY Mellon Investment Management’s goal is to build and manage investment and wealth management strategies and solutions that address the ever-changing needs of our clients. Drawing on deep expertise, we collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific requirements. As recognised pioneers of the multi-boutique model, BNY Mellon have some of the best investment ideas, from the finest investment minds, all in one place.
BNY Mellon Investment Management has over US$1.9 trillion AUM (as at 31 March 2018) and is the global investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world’s largest global asset managers We provide investment management, investment services and wealth management that help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world.
The Investment Management Governance Office (‘IMG’) is a core department in the BNY Mellon Investment Management structure. IMG looks after the governance needs of the global investment management group, including ownership of the governance structure encompassing directors, boards and committees within investment management. IMG is also responsible for the management and control of the IM group legal entity structure as well as fund governance needs.
The role would be reporting to the Senior Manager, Investment Management Governance supporting them in the work done for the department as well as specialist projects.
• Help in the preparation and oversight of board and committee charters and templates across investment management
• Review board papers to assist the Head of IMG in preparation for board meetings
• Coordinate with the governance personnel in the IM firms to ensure best practice and controls across the group
• Evaluates new corporate / regulatory policies and procedures and assesses impact on internal governance structures. Where required, be responsible for creating / managing action plans and key governance deadlines
• Assisting in the production of presentations and materials required for the various projects in flow
• Creating and following up on actions required from various IM firms in support of projects and initiatives
• Taking ownership for the efficient administration required within IMG such as spreadsheet reporting , data gathering and data analysis
• Preparing, reviewing and distributing the regular reports required from IMG
• Represents the department on cross-departmental group projects
Essential skills and Experience:
• A Bachelor's degree in a business-related field or equivalent service experience is preferred.
• Experience in a governance role or exposure to a company secretarial role
• Highly literate with attention to detail a must
• Good IT skills especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to ensure effective interaction with Executives across investment management
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 85091
Organization: IM Governance-HR14824
Requisition Number: 1905748