BNY Mellon Careers
Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - IC4 Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and participates in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts. Provides analytical project management support for assigned area. With minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses. Contributes to the development of the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis. Leads data modeling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues. Uses technology tools to conduct analyses. Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models. As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms. Understands the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation. Begins to lead complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products. Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders. Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes. Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues. No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior analysts. Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work and the work of assigned project team members. Work contributes to the achievement of area goals.
- Derivative Valuations are a centralised global utility that support a number of functions across various business lines. We are responsible for valuing OTC derivative assets for inclusion in;
- The NAV production process for mutual and hedge fund accounting teams in Europe, India and across several US locations.
- The valuation of pension funds for global companies based in Europe and the US.
- Driving margin calls as part of our collateral management business.
- Regulatory reporting and risk analysis by the bank and our clients.
- The group consists of 60+ people in permanent roles in Dublin, London, Poland, New York, Boston and India.
- Direct and regularly spot check the daily processing of OTC asstes, manual price input and price exception validation review for a variety of Derivative clients. Ensure this process is robust and efficient.
- Risk mitigation is a key responsibility, you will be expected to review processes against current market best practise and implement any improvement necessary. Evidence of regular reviews taking place is necessary.
- Monitor daily processes ensuring staff complete as per agreed guidelines and procedures. Ensure outstanding issues are followed up on a regular basis and kept to a minimum.
- Maintain accurate MIS details ensuring statistics are updated on a daily basis confirming volumes, timeliness and accuracy details.
- Provide training on the theoretical/technical nature of all OTC securities to staff members.
- You will be responsible for the integrity of the security master data on the OTC database, review and sign-off the master records completed by the analysts and supervisors.
- Attend meetings with internal Fund Accounting Teams and external clients to discuss open issues and service levels where minutes are kept outlining decisions and action points.
- Support the take on of new business into the team for existing client serviced and new business. Expected to play a critical role in shaping and defining operational model
Ø Coordinate the completion of work within the team and ensure the team meets internal and external deliverables.
- Where high volumes are projected, flag any potential service delivery issues as early as possible and assist other team members as directed by line-management.
- Ensure staff receive required systems training and are familiar with relevant processes and controls as per agreed guidelines and procedures.
- Identify and communicate training/development needs to line-management to ensure all staff have the required skills to achieve their objectives.
- Plan and implement regular cross training within the area to ensure minimal dependency on individual team members.
- Work with the technology team to ensure all database developments are prioritised and successfully launched in the live environment.
- Ensure staff have clear objectives and up to date job descriptions relevant to their current role.
- Prompt identification, escalation and resolution of any performance issues within the team.
- Identify and communicate new staffing requirements to line-management
- Hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports.
- Arrange regular tests to identify any operational inconsistencies from agreed checklists, controls, guidelines and written procedures.
- Monitor all dealings with data vendors to ensure BNY Mellon service requirements are met.
- Ensure audit, client, compliance, management and trustee queries are highlighted, thoroughly investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Update current statistics and issues for weekly MIS pack. Review weekly MIS pack to be aware of relevant issues across other groups within the company.
- Work with line-management on ad-hoc projects and initiatives to ensure agreed client service levels are met.
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred. 7-10 years experience preferred. Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
- Degree/equivalent third level education.
- Prior experience of pricing OTC assets is a distinct advanatge.
- Highly numerate. Able to quickly understand complex modelling and analytical techniques.
- Prior experience managing a team in the derivative space is desirable.
- Strong MS Excel or VB skills.
- Must have a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must have an ability to work under pressure.
- Confident communicator able to build effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
- Mentoring and/or coaching others.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70125
Organization: Der Valuation Cust & Mkt Suppt-HR12644
Requisition Number: 1905770