BNY Mellon Careers
Private Equity Research Analyst (Generalist)
Mellon is a specialist multi-asset investment management firm dedicated to serving sophisticated investors globally, providing clients with high-quality single and multi-asset investment solutions using both active and passive strategies. Coming together in 2018 through the combination of Mellon Capital, Standish, and The Boston Company, the combined asset manager has the scale and investment capabilities to offer institutional and intermediary clients a broad range of specialist investment solutions. The Boston Company, Standish, and Mellon Capital are product brands of BNY Mellon Asset Management North America.
Mellon is seeking a Senior Research Analyst, with the following responsibilities:
- Directs a significant portion of research activity for a major investment area; Independently conducts investment research studies.
- Analyses may focus on individual securities, classes of securities, or the development of quantitative decision-making models.
- Makes buy, sell, and hold recommendations. Demonstrates seasoned and proven judgment in the field of securities and consistently delivers strong performance.
- Demonstrates strong technical acumen though authoring and presenting investment thesis and other published and distributed works.
- Interview with management, suppliers, competitors, and customers from companies being researched.
- Responsible for research leveraged to produce strong investment management performance for a significant portion of the investment area.
- Demonstrates seasoned and proven judgment in the field of securities and consistently delivers strong performance; Capable of directly investing capital in investment funds.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- 10-15 years of total work experience preferred and over 8 years of investment experience preferred.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and financial modeling skills.
- Background in consumer, media, or technology preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 80029
Job: Asset Management
Organization: MELLON WITH TOH ADJ-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1905990