BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Group Manager, Global Head of Supplier Diversity
The Global Head of Supplier Diversity will drive the strategy and implementation of BNY Mellon’s Global Supplier Diversity program which enables BNY Mellon to be recognized as a Global leader in Supplier Diversity. This hands-on role will manage all aspects of the program. The Head will serve as the primary liaison between Sourcing & Procurement category managers, the BNY Mellon enterprise including heads of Lines of Businesses, the diverse supplier community, and diverse supplier advocacy groups. This individual is responsible to establish and meet quantitative targets for the program including annual supplier diversity spend plans and compliance with corporate and regulatory supplier diversity goals.
Strategy Development and Implementation
· --Collaborate with Chief Procurement Officer to create a global supplier diversity vision for BNY Mellon while ensuring robust processes and tools are in place to support the attainment of vision and goals.
· --Assess the organization’s current Supplier Diversity program performance and identify and prioritize the organization’s key issues.
--Develop and manage the global strategy using peer and industry benchmarking data and best practices to increase utilization of and engagement with diverse suppliers on a 2-tier basis in US and globally.
--Consistently reinforce the business case for Supplier Diversity and market internally.
· --Maintain and monitor adherence to Supplier Diversity policy.
· --Work closely with Sourcing category leads and managers to establish category strategies, identify qualified suppliers and achieve specific quantitative targets regarding spend with diverse suppliers.
· --Develop vendor management relationship program and reporting for top diverse suppliers within BNY Mellon.
--Serve as the central point of contact for any and all interfaces with internal customers on the subject of Supplier Diversity. This includes being the lead interface with customers relative to their inquiries, their requests for information on company efforts in support of Supplier Diversity, and any and all written and verbal communications to customers on the subject of Supplier Diversity. As necessary, collaborate with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications.
· --Develop, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) results, which support the global supplier diversity strategy, to the Chief Procurement Officer.
--Effectively manage Tier 1 and Tier 2 reporting requirements to meet internal metrics and industry standards. Administers a tier 2 supplier diversity database
--Partner with external supplier diversity advocates and participate in external benchmarks such as Business for Social Responsibility (BSR), The Financial Services Roundtable for Supplier Diversity (FSRSD)
--Develop and implement tools to track diverse supplier inclusion, usage, and results (e.g. spend).
--Review and distribute all scheduled and ad-hoc reports for diverse supplier activity.
--Lead on the interface with any and all government agencies and departments, domestic and international, relating to the company's responses to questions or statements of position on Supplier Diversity related matters. Collaborate closely with internal subject matter experts to ensure appropriate responses and communications.
--Research, identify and lead implementation of best industry practices from internal and external Supplier Diversity experts (including, interviewing leaders from other industries, reviewing case studies, utilizing expert consultants and attending conferences, as appropriate).
--Performs annual audit on all spend reported for inclusion in government regulated reports.
· --Develop and maintain a portfolio of “best-in-class” diverse suppliers and those with demonstrated records in BNY Mellon commodities; provide internal exposure and advocacy of identified suppliers.
· --Serve as general liaison between Supplier Diversity communities and BNY Mellon and leverage relationships to attain business impact in savings, cash generation, and innovation.
--Ensure compliance with government requirements for Supplier Diversity, such as US Small Business requirements.
· --Develop and nurture relationships with external diversity/diverse supplier advocacy groups.
· --Proactively meet and build strong relationships with Lines of Business heads, category team managers across Global Procurement, and with BNY Mellon Office of Diversity & Inclusion establishing a network of champion advocates that support the efforts of Supplier Diversity program.
· --Develop internal supplier networking opportunities.
· --Assist with the onboarding of diverse suppliers
· --Manage the Supplier Diversity budget, optimizing the value of investment.
--Develop and maintain a supplier diversity application vetting process to ensure vendor applications are reviewed in a timely fashion and analyzed for inclusion in BNY Mellon’s supplier database.
--Develops and manages all supplier diversity and supply chain communications including website content, registration portal, and membership affiliation updates.
--Represents BNY Mellon at supplier diversity trade shows and external events to heighten program awareness and strengthen vendor engagement and relationships
--Host onsite events to highlight the availability of diverse business resources enterprise-wide, as well as provide mentoring and coaching for diverse suppliers.
Qualifications--Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. --12-15 years of total work experience, with 3-5 years of management experience, preferred.
· --Proven experience in developing and implementing principles and practices of world-class Supplier Diversity programs
· --7-10 years of experience with Supplier Diversity and/or Sourcing preferred
· --Knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology and vendor management
· --Knowledgeable in commodities sourced by financial institutions and International dependencies in a large organization
· --Strong background in Strategy development for a centralized indirect category based Procurement organization
· --Experience with managing against and responding to regulatory requirements
· --Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assess priorities effectively
· --Demonstrated catalytic change leadership internally and across the industry
· --Ability to influence internal clients towards diverse suppliers
· --Ability to analyze detailed data to identify opportunities for diverse suppliers
· --Results-oriented self-starter. Proven history of delivering quantitative results
· --Ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders, line managers and Individual Contributors
· --Strong written communication skills and strong ability to market and sell new ideas
· --Effective presenter and public speaker with the ability to represent BNY Mellon externally
· --Experience reviewing policy, legislative, regulatory requirements preferred
· --Superior project management skills and follow through
· --Established relationships with diverse supplier community and advocacy organizations (e.g. NMSDC, WBENC)
· --Maintain active knowledge/expertise of trends in diversity (generally) and Supplier Diversity
· --Lead special projects as needed and perform other related duties as required
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85249
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1906055