BNY Mellon Careers
Director of Asset Servicing Marketing, Asset Owners
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2019, BNY Mellon had $34.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Marketing
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing. Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class marketing organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Marketing and Corporate Strategy both report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.
Role description and opportunities
The role is responsible for leading marketing strategy and execution in promotion of BNY Mellon’s Asset Servicing business to asset owners in the North America and EMEA markets. As a trusted and leading service provider in asset servicing, BNY Mellon provides a broad solution set to support asset owners’ needs across custody, accounting, data management, performance measurement, risk and more—all with an eye towards delivering client-centric digital experiences and supporting their diverse investment objectives.
The Senior Group Manager will lead a global team of marketers to communicate BNY Mellon Asset Servicing’s value proposition for its solutions and services to pensions, sovereign funds, endowments, foundations and insurance companies. The role requires a deep understanding of the business, client needs and the global landscape across the evolving investments ecosystem, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, client engagement and conversion.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Create a global marketing plan that tells a comprehensive story of the brand, products and services for asset owners and its constituent sub-segments or asset owner types
- Challenge the status quo by thinking of new, bold marketing ideas to position the brand and asset servicing solutions and services to drive organic growth and retain asset owner clients
- Direct team efforts in ideation, execution and optimization of go-to-market strategies and marketing campaigns; establish and track related KPIs; manage associated budget
- Collaborate with asset owner business and geographical leads to understand needs of various markets served to align on business and marketing priorities
- Effectively present ideas, plans, and rationale to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with other marketing colleagues, communications and business leads to develop a marketing content calendar and package content for different audiences, channels and geographies
- Facilitate productive working relationships with events team, and other marketing colleagues on cross-functional team projects
- Develop and coach direct reports; seek to improve processes and effectiveness of time spent
- Facilitate team learning about the markets served, changing market dynamics, and key themes and developments relevant to asset owners such as environmental, social and governance (ESG), asset class performance and allocation trends and more
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Stellar marketing, communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of business
- Proven ability to work effectively in a results-driven, team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a global model
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strong accountability, proactivity and urgency
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 15 years of related experience, with 5-7 years of management experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85409
Organization: IS Other New-HR17164
Requisition Number: 1906171