BNY Mellon Careers
Director of Marketing, Asset Servicing
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2019, BNY Mellon had $34.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.8 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Marketing
It is an exciting time to join BNY Mellon Marketing. Under the leadership of a new Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing has embarked on a transformation to drive even stronger brand recognition and increased client loyalty to drive organic growth. We are creating a world-class marketing organization, comprised of new strategies, people, processes and capabilities, integrated to deliver business results. Marketing and Corporate Strategy both report into the Bank’s head of Strategy, and have a close, collaborative partnership to develop and execute the Company’s top growth initiatives.
Role description and opportunities
BNY Mellon is a leading asset servicing provider. We provide the essential infrastructure for the custody, oversight and management of investment assets. This role provides support for traditional and alternative asset managers and institutional investors to more efficiently manage the servicing of investment assets across the front, middle and back office. As a trusted service provider in asset servicing, BNY Mellon offers comprehensive custody, accounting, investor solutions, middle office, alternatives and ETF servicing, liquidity management, and data & analytics solutions to optimize business efficiencies— all with an eye toward delivering client-centric digital experiences and supporting their diverse investment objectives.
The Director will lead a global team of marketers to communicate BNY Mellon Asset Servicing’s value proposition for its solutions and services to traditional and alternative asset managers and institutional investors including pensions, sovereign funds, endowments, foundations and insurance companies The role requires a deep understanding of the business, client needs and the global landscape across the evolving investments ecosystem, with the goal of increasing brand awareness, client engagement and conversion.
Key responsibilities include the following
- Create a global marketing plan that tells a comprehensive story of the brand, asset servicing products and services
- Challenge the status quo by thinking of new, marketing ideas to position the asset servicing solutions and services, to drive organic growth and retain clients
- Direct team efforts in ideation, execution and optimization of go-to-market strategies and marketing campaigns; establish and track related KPIs; manage associated budget
- Collaborate with traditional and alternative asset managers and institutional investors business leaders across different geographies to understand and align marketing priorities to the needs of various markets
- Effectively present ideas, plans, and rationale to internal stakeholders
- Work closely with other marketing colleagues, communications and business leads to develop a marketing plan and create marketing content for different audiences, channels and geographies
- Facilitate productive working relationships with events team, and other marketing colleagues on cross-functional team projects
- Develop and coach direct reports; seek to improve processes and effectiveness of time spent
- Facilitate team learning about the markets served, changing market dynamics, and key themes and developments relevant to asset owners and asset managers such as environmental, social and governance (ESG), asset class performance and allocation trends and more
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Stellar marketing, communication and interpersonal skills at all levels of business
- Proven ability to work effectively in a results-driven, team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a global model
- Comprehensive knowledge of custody, accounting, investor solutions, middle office, alternatives and ETF servicing, liquidity management, and data & analytics solutions
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strong accountability, proactivity and urgency
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- 15 years of related experience, with 5-7 years of management experience preferred; experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85409
Organization: IS Other New-HR17164
Requisition Number: 1906171