BNY Mellon Careers
Client Journey Re-imagination, Sr. Principal
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world’s leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world’s largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
What we are doing
Chairman & CEO Charlie Scharf recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon’s core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank’s innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers.
The Client Journey Re-imagination group, part of the Digital Office, is changing how BNY Mellon delivers value to its clients. The team works cross-functionally with business leaders on reimagining end-to-end client experiences, interactions and operating models to rapidly deliver improved client value, leveraging all digital channels, assets and capabilities.
The group leads cross-functional initiatives drawn from client-centric design. Using customer experience as the starting point, this team unpacks and weaves together all of elements needed to deliver an enhanced customer journey (organization, operating model, data strategy, technology architecture, UX etc.) from the client’s point of view.
We are seeking senior team members to join this team – They will have significant exposure to senior leadership across BNY Mellon, its clients and industry stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has deep experience in digital transformation and is excited about rethinking customer journeys and interactions, the digital operating model to support them and driving the rollout of the reimagined journeys across BNY Mellon.
Key Responsibilities – Partner with a team of business leaders from across BNY Mellon to rethink and execute on a prioritized client journey with the intent of redefining the client experience and delivery:
- Work with senior business leaders to define scope of initiative and identify cross-functional core working team members
- Train core working team members on BNY Mellon Client Journey re-imagination methodology and practices and capture, refine and share best practices throughout the design phase
- Collaborate with working team on designing a "blue-sky" target client experience and journey, leveraging digital assets and disciplines throughout and quantifying customer experience, revenue and cost impact
- Coordinate within the Digital Office (e.g. with CX group, Data group) and across BNY Mellon to ensure ongoing congruence with the bank’s customer experience principles, data strategy and technology architecture
- Optimize usage of digital channels, assets and capabilities that exist at BNY Mellon and identify where we need to acquire capabilities to drive the best client outcomes
- Develop and execute on the implementation plan for the initiative, delivering results in an agile manner to show client value rapidly
- Monitor and drive initiative implementation in collaboration with business line Digital Leaders across the bank-wide, ensuring that design intent to reshape customer experience is delivered
- Role-model Digital Office leadership behaviors and champion new ways of working
Bachelors degree in business, engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- MBA or other Advanced Degree
- 10-12 years of related experience
- Management Consulting experience (7+years)
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Client-centric, problem solving mindset
- Experience in re-thinking customer experience and driving digital strategies
- Understanding of digital trends
- Ability to work in ambiguity and draw insights from broad data sources
- Experience with agile methodology and deliverables
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70194
Organization: Digital Horizon-HR18009
Requisition Number: 1906420