BNY Mellon Careers
IT Business Analyst, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance
Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT) within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company’s market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
- Document business/functional requirements, perform gap analysis, design systems flows, and manage UAT activities leading to production release.
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Analyze data and perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Participate in researching production issue and remediation.
- Understand upstream/feeder applications and data
- Develop systems specifications.
- Works or multitasks on multiple regulatory workstreams from inception through implementation.
Sr. Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Consults with stakeholders to analyze, define, challenge and prioritize the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for a functional work stream within a highly complex strategic, global program. Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst at major financial services company and strong understanding of Capital Markets and Foreign Exchange
- Strong understanding of Global Regulatory Reporting and Compliance projects such as MIFID II, Dodd Frank, EMIR, etc.
- Experience with Regulatory Reporting applications such as UnaVista, TradeWeb, CMRS from Sapient, Droit, , futureLANDSCAPE from Broadridge etc. is a plus.
- Previous technical experience, ability to write SQL queries; and basic understanding of any programming language is a strong plus.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with business, legal & compliance, external regulators
- Experience with Visio
- Experience working with waterfall and agile development methodologies
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45169
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1906461