BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Hedge Fund Accounting
Hedge Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset values (NAVs) for a number of complex funds investing in a wide variety of instrument types including equities, fixed and variable bonds, derivatives and emerging markets.
The Senior Analyst is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of all funds within the team. He/she is responsible for checking all work completed by fund accountants I and II on the team and ensuring that all procedures and controls are being complied with. In addition he/she is responsible for the overall work allocation of the team.
- Ensure the team valuations are prepared to meet daily deadlines
- Ensure the team daily prices are issued to all relevant parties in accordance with daily requirements.
- Assume responsibility for the team's operational meetings.
- Liaise with custodians to resolve any reconciliation issues
- Check fee schedules on a timely basis.
- Liaise with investment managers to ensure efficient flow of information.
- Liaise with external clients, investment managers, custodians and auditors.
- Ensure timely completion of statutory returns and ad-hoc requests.
Tone from the Top - Work collaboratively and on a timely basis with managers to review operational controls, conduct root-cause analysis and implement remediation activities emanating from operating incidents and near-miss events.
Risk Competence & Knowledge - Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and follow all Business Unit operational procedures and other directive controls (e.g. checklists) as designed.Any identified issues or changes should be escalated to Managers.
Accountability - Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
- Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
- Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
- Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance or accounting related discipline
- Advanced English is required
- Knowledge of the fund industry and experience in fund accounting
- 3 – 5 years of total work experience preferred
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills
- High level of accuracy and proficiency in Excel
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Ability to work with multiple tasks.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70509
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1906500