BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Hedge Fund Accounting
- Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and moderately complex funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.
- Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions.
- Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds.
- Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.
- Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.
- Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in finance or accounting related discipline
- Advanced English is required
- Knowledge of the fund industry and experience in fund accounting
- 5 – 7 years of total work experience preferred
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills
- High level of accuracy and proficiency in Excel
- Organisational and planning skills
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision
- Ability to work with multiple tasks
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1906513