BNY Mellon Careers
Executive Manager, Head of Market Risk
The Head of Market Risk leads all aspects of the Market Risk function related to market risk across a business area and/or across multiple businesses and/or regions. He/She will have the following responsibilities:
· Work with first and second line colleagues in the formulation of and adherence to the firm’s and line of business’ risk appetite. Set business and desk level limits consistent with the business plan and risk appetite of the Markets division.
· Provide leadership directly to senior Market Risk managers to drive implementation and monitoring of all market risk policies and practices to effectively mitigate risk.
· Manage the performance of senior market risk managers, and sets priorities and allocates resources to align with business priorities across the organization.
· Recognized within the business and across the industry as a leader in addressing market or liquidity risk related matters and developing policy.
· Serve as an escalation point for market risk management issues or roadblocks; shepherd issues through to resolution. Recommend strategy, objectives, policies, and plans for market risk with the most senior executives of the firm.
· Partner with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness, productivity, and/or control.
· Provide subject matter expertise and industry experience to quantify market risk within the business and to guide senior market risk managers and ensure their adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines.
· Establish market risk techniques that are aligned with business objectives. Accountable for all aspects of the Market Risk function's performance.
· Establishe the strategic market risk program and leads the implementation of enterprise-wide risk strategy and ensures the appropriate level of market risk awareness and accountability among senior and corporate management throughout the organization.
· Build and sustain a risk-aware culture among employees, contractors and service providers across the business environment and/or multiple business lines and regions supported.
· Manage the most complex global priorities.
· Make decisions; lead consensus building and manage a global matrixed organization that balances risks and controls with global initiatives.
· Build and maintain the appropriate governance to ensure the business(es) or business partner head(s) are aware of market risks and driving the mitigation of determined risks.
· Lead the Market Risk team in measuring, monitoring and analyzing the organization's market risk exposure. Review market risks identified by team members and oversees and manages proposed mitigation methods. Understand specific risks that exist within the assigned area and how these risks may be addressed through understanding of market risk concepts.
Liaise with senior internal and external staff in relation to regulatory matters.
s Market Risk with policies and standards to
executive management, internal and external auditors and senior regulatory
officials from multiple jurisdictions and countries.
Review team results and make
s team adjustments as needed to align performance
with functional objectives. Coach and guide senior managers on
improving the execution of market risk activities and achievement of
Oversee development and talent management processes for more senior managers. Coache
and counsel s senior managers and manage succession planning for
the function. Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives.
· Provide guidance to senior market or liquidity risk managers. Completion of tasks affects organizational achievement of objectives.
QualificationsBachelor s degree (preferably in financial engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or similar areas) or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Masters degree (including but not limited to MBA) preferred. 15+ years of total work experience with at least 5-7 years in management preferred. Experience in market or liquidity risk and financial services is preferred. Discipline Requirements: Market Risk: Significant experience with analysis of and reporting on financial products and financial risk, macroeconomic issues, interest rate risk, and relevant regulation (e.g., Volcker, CCAR, DFAST, SLR, IRRBB). Liquidity Risk: Significant experience with analysis of and reporting on funding, cash flow projections, deposits (including operational and behavioral views), liquidity measures, liquidity stress testing and relevant regulation (e.g., CLAR/ILAA, LCR).
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85214
Requisition Number: 1906517