BNY Mellon Careers
Murex Business Analyst - VP (Markets Risk Technology)
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It is the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Markets Risk Technology is responsible for supporting risk management across the markets division of BNY Mellon. The markets division is responsible for all capital markets and market making activities within BNY Mellon, globally. As a technology group, Markets Risk Technology covers market and counterparty risk, capital calculation; risk based margining as well as supporting the strategic build out of front-office risk technology to support the strong growth in our markets business.
BNY Mellon is currently undergoing a major expansion of its Global Markets business. This role is critical to the buildout of this organization and its capabilities, as well as the future of BNY Mellon overall.
The role will primarily be involved in Front Office Risk and will work closely with Heads of Trading, Traders across multiple global locations, Business Analysts, Legal and Regulatory Compliance, and external Vendors.
In this role the ideal candidate will:
- Become the single point of contact for the FrontOffice Murex instance in APAC for the business and other technology teams
- Provide expert knowledge and work with the production support team to analyze and resolve Murex related production incidents in a timely manner
- Escalate and coordinate with other global technology teams as necessary to resolve Murex related incidents
- Work with senior traders on product design and market data structure
- Continue to learn new aspects of leading edge risk management tools and their implementation in Murex application
- Proficiently use other computer tools such as Microsoft Excel, SQL querying and Unix/XML debugging in day to day analysis
- Troubleshoot technical and functional issues within Murex and other supported systems to restore normal functioning
- Provide analysis, design and configuration of pricing curves in the Murex system.
- Understand end to end business processes in context of Murex system itself and dependencies on connected applications.
- Vast Significant Murex computer system experience (min 3+ years) and ability to navigate complex Murex Front Office and Risk configurations to support users daily
- Strong communication skills – ability to work with MD level risk managers and technology managers
- Degree in Economics or Finance preferred, to discuss complex financial and mathematical concepts with end users
- Technical acumen – ability to work with developers and other technology teams.
- This also includes using other tools such as Excel, SQL (Oracle), Unix, PeopleSoft CRM and JIRA on a daily basis
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to challenge, whilst working collaboratively across a global organization.
- Certification in ITIL and/or significant working experience (min 3+ years) as an application support engineer.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60169
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1906687