BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Application Support Analyst - Problem Management - VP
Production support group within Clearing Markets is seeking an individual who will professionally manage all aspects of production issues, such as facilitating meetings, escalation, notification and resolution. The primary responsibility is conducting comprehensive root cause and defining corrective tasks for the elimination of the problems. Must be able to grasp the technical descriptions of events and accurately capture the important details and present them to the business in terms they understand. The individual needs to be process oriented and have the ability to recognize and effect changes to processes and procedures that reduce risk and business impact. This position requires technical and personal skills for working with a diverse group of people to coordinate events leading to elimination of defects. The individual needs to be able to use their skills to contribute with the enhancements to the Problem Management team initiatives, improve processes to elevate the expertise of the Problem Management Team. The candidate needs to have strong analytical skills, be able to identify trends for reporting and to purpose solutions.
- Responsible for decisions related to prioritization and escalation of major production incidents, technical and business communication on outages and continuous improvement scoping and prioritization.
- Hosts Problem Review calls to determine root cause and action plan towards preventing problem recurrence.
- Manages the life cycle of all Problem records from Incident to root cause investigation. Owning the process of seeing this through to permanent problem resolution and closure.
- Drives complex technical problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth evaluation and technical knowledge of all areas driving restoration of service with support teams.
- Conducts QA around Problem Management validation of known error resolution and final validation, protecting the production environment.
- Partners with Service Delivery and Application Support teams to collaborate on Continuous Improvement efforts and drive stability on Production environment.
- Engages on ITSM projects and any related initiatives with little to no supervision.
- Possess project delivery skills and experience working directly with stakeholders, customers, and clients.
- Facilitates the discussion between Problem owners and the infrastructure teams in order to apply lessons learned through root cause analysis to outline objectives that can be completed in order to design more resilient systems.
- Needs to be able to prioritize with business stakeholders and ensuring the most critical incidents are addressed timely and successfully restored.
- Create yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily and ad-hoc reporting for varies levels of management.
Specialist Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs.Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Provides application support input with regard to SCM activities. May interact directly with clients regarding project activities. Recommends technical solutions on application problems. Reviews and analyzes product migrations through all systems environments. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills (Required),
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time, while still being a part of a high performance team (Required).
- 6+ year’s relevant experience with Incident, Problem Management as well as process improvement in a technology organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience both within a process area and IT Service Management tools.
- Thorough understanding of ITIL/ITSM processes with knowledge of the various ITSM stages, including but not limited to: Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Knowledge Management, Release and Deployment Management, Service Catalogue Management, Availability Management, Continuous Improvement, Service reporting and KPIs.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of applications and infrastructure components.
- Proficient in various tools relating to the management of Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge Management and reports.
- Knowledge of Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Information Security and Technical Privacy.
- Extensive background in measurements of IT, services, deliverables and inputs.
- Must have ITIL v3/2011 Foundation certification, with preference for advanced Intermediate certification in ITIL's Service Operations or Operational Support and Analysis certification.
- Certification in Six Sigma and/or COBIT certification a plus.
- BS/BA in a related field, such as Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Proficiency in relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of computer software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence others at all levels of an organization with proven leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members on a regular basis.
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to work in challenging and ambiguous environments.
- Ability to use data-driven techniques, analyze and interpret data.
- Excellent Problem Solving skills.
- Ability to work with analytical tools like Business Objects, Crystal Reports a plus.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial, 6-8 years of diverse experience in information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45139
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1906693