BNY Mellon Careers
2020 Summer Analyst Program- Alcentra
Summer Analyst Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Analyst Program (SAP) provides high -potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SAP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working in their respective line of business/function as well as learn to work together in collaborative teams.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- meaningful and challenging work assignments;
- networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
- exposure to different areas of business;
- comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Program At A Glance:
9-week (EMEA) or 10-week (U.S.) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects; two-day in-person orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum; plus career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
Potential Program Locations:
US: Pittsburgh, PA *New York, NY * Jersey City, NJ * Boston, MA * Lake Mary, FL
EMEA: London and Manchester (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Wroclaw (Poland)
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and Technology Leadership Program (TLP).
SAP aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our summer analysts may apply for, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Technology Leadership Program (TLP) and full-time direct hire roles.
Alcentra is a global asset management firm affiliated with BNY Mellon and has become one of the leading, global alternative fixed income asset managers over the past decade, having been founded in 2002. Headquartered in London, with investment offices in New York and Boston, and a local presence in San Francisco, Singapore and Hong Kong, the firm employs 160 people, including 70 investment professionals, who work in a culture where integrity, high intellect, collaboration and the pursuit of excellence characterize the team.
The investment track record dates back to 1998 with strategies that include senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending, structured credit and multi-strategy credit. The firm manages approximately $38 billion of capital for global investors, including a wide range of institutions, family offices and high net worth individuals. The company’s global capabilities, strong investment performance and solutions-oriented approach have resulted in strong growth in assets under management.
- Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate (U.S.) or full-time undergraduate (UK) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
- Rising senior (U.S.) or penultimate year students (UK) during summer 2019;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better (U.S.) or 2:1 (UK);
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 05375
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1906749