BNY Mellon’s Summer Analyst Program (SAP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SAP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working in their respective line of business/function as well as learn to work together in collaborative teams.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
meaningful and challenging work assignments;
networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
exposure to different areas of business;
comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and
understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- 9-week (EMEA) or 10-week (U.S.) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon* that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- two-day in-person orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum; plus
- career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
Potential Program Locations:
US: New York, NY
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and Technology Leadership Program (TLP).
SAP aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our summer analysts may apply for, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Technology Leadership Program (TLP) and full-time direct hire roles.
Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate (U.S.) or full-time undergraduate (UK) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
Rising senior (U.S.) or penultimate year students (UK) during summer 2020;
Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better (U.S.) or 2:1 (UK);
Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
Please note: all technology SAP candidates must also obtain a passing score on BNY Mellon’s Hacker Rank coding challenge.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Client Management (GCM) delivers the whole company to our largest and most complex clients globally. GCM has a deep knowledge of our clients and their markets and industries, empowering BNY Mellon to tailor and deliver innovative solutions that address clients strategic needs. GCM drives BNY Mellon's business development efforts by working with our clients and business relationship managers, sales managers and product specialists. GCM is a key part of our Client and Regional Management organization, which includes client industry segment coverage, corporate lending and regional area business management, and is organized into four client coverage teams: Banks/Broker Dealers & Advisors, Corporates, Insurers and Investment Managers. Corporate Lending is structured into Real Estate, Syndications and Credit Management. GCM maintains a regional focus on franchise clients, including sovereigns and central banks, in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), Latin America and Asia Pacific.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 05375
Job: General Mgmt / Admin
Organization: GCM Support and Admin-HR14688
Requisition Number: 1906789