BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Specialist, SOX Control and Compliance
In addition, the Sr. Specialist:
- Contributes in the execution of the ICRR assessment program in providing thorough and reliable identification of in-scope reports and locations, planning, testing, documentation, and reporting of the effectiveness of regulatory reporting for delivery to the senior management and external committees. Leverages SOX-like compliance techniques to achieve business objectives. Undertakes substantive testing on specific disclosures within report forms making recommendations on improving quality and process
- Contributes to the development and sustainment of Control & Compliance initiatives to evolve controls framework, risk management approaches and operational efficiency
- Provides guidance on the integration of internal controls into regulatory processes and systems to senior level management and regulatory reporting groups
- Builds strategic relationships to influence at all levels of the organization. Liaises with other business units to assess control elements associated with new or potential projects. Collaborates with other stakeholders to develop and implement consensual decisions
- Motivates and provides guidance to more junior control & compliance staff.
QualificationsBachelor s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in public accounting, SOX testing, financial services or shared services is preferred. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) certification is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85049
Requisition Number: 1906989