BNY Mellon Careers
CSD Control Management, as part of the First Line of Defence, supports the overall control and risk framework to ensure that the control culture across all areas of CSD is embedded, sound and meeting client needs. The team consists of c.180 Control Managers embedded with businesses in over 35 global cities supporting over 18,000 staff members. Businesses within CSD rely on CSD Control Management to conduct independent control and risk assessments; develop standardized controls that represent operating best practices; provide education on controls and emerging risks, and support business development and change.
- Assist manager with driving out MIS strategy, including communication and framework documentation.
- Produce and own business requirement documents and a relationship with vendor services / internal technology teams.
- Works with Manager to ensure that management information is appropriate, high quality, consistent and reported within deadlines with appropriate elevation of issues;
- Produces high quality, effective management reporting
- Independently performs analysis of high volumes of complex data relating to the controls environment
- Collaborates with the business, risk, control management and other key stakeholders to define the key risk metrics and how they are measured.
- Normalises and rationalises MIS reporting. Interrogates MIS (data attributes / reference data).
- Ability to produce and direct MIS reporting so that it can be dynamic and scalable with effective commentary and thresholds.
- Manages projects that involve working with business / technology and vendors to improve reporting, controls / tools and data integrity to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Lead and support new risk governance / process set up.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices and MIS to address any risk concerns.
- Support the development of new MIS tools, engage with industry best practises and firms own strategic technology architecture.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supports moderately complex projects and provides insight on interpretation of MIS and related regulations
- Experience of driving and creating detailed business requirement documents
- An ability to understand and translate functional specs
- Experience of working with vendors and vendor services for tool and business solutions
- Ability to communicate with IT, lead and manage a dotted line of IT deliverables
- Experience of producing framework documents and outlining strategic roadmap.
- 5 years + of total work experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
- Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems as well as project management is desirable.
- Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, solid technical, system and pc skills including advanced excel skills
- Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment
- Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70321
Organization: Control Management-HR06002
Requisition Number: 1906998