CSD Control Management, as part of the First Line of Defence, supports the overall control and risk framework to ensure that the control culture across all areas of CSD is embedded, sound and meeting client needs. The team consists of c.180 Control Managers embedded with businesses in over 35 global cities supporting over 18,000 staff members. Businesses within CSD rely on CSD Control Management to conduct independent control and risk assessments; develop standardized controls that represent operating best practices; provide education on controls and emerging risks, and support business development and change.
- Assist manager with driving out MIS strategy, including communication and framework documentation.
- Produce and own business requirement documents and a relationship with vendor services / internal technology teams.
- Works with Manager to ensure that management information is appropriate, high quality, consistent and reported within deadlines with appropriate elevation of issues;
- Produces high quality, effective management reporting
- Independently performs analysis of high volumes of complex data relating to the controls environment
- Collaborates with the business, risk, control management and other key stakeholders to define the key risk metrics and how they are measured.
- Normalises and rationalises MIS reporting. Interrogates MIS (data attributes / reference data).
- Ability to produce and direct MIS reporting so that it can be dynamic and scalable with effective commentary and thresholds.
- Manages projects that involve working with business / technology and vendors to improve reporting, controls / tools and data integrity to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Ensures controls meet regulatory and organization standards.
- Lead and support new risk governance / process set up.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices and MIS to address any risk concerns.
- Support the development of new MIS tools, engage with industry best practises and firms own strategic technology architecture.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Supports moderately complex projects and provides insight on interpretation of MIS and related regulations
Experience of driving and creating detailed business requirement documents
An ability to understand and translate functional specs
Experience of working with vendors and vendor services for tool and business solutions
Ability to communicate with IT, lead and manage a dotted line of IT deliverables
Experience of producing framework documents and outlining strategic roadmap.
5 years + of total work experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
Experienced of Operational Risk Management tools and systems as well as project management is desirable.
Candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as, solid technical, system and pc skills including advanced excel skills
Attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, deadline driven environment
- Candidate should be flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment.
What we can offer you:
Full time contract of employment
Health & Life Insurance
Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70321
Organization: Control Management-HR06002
Requisition Number: 1906998