BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Systems Engineer/Programmer (Storage)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The team is chartered to provide Thought, Leadership, and Direction to the Enterprise Storage Services organization, focusing on core design and the life cycle of enterprise storage infrastructure, engineering detailed work processes from the transformational requirements of the ESS Operations Organization. The team own the transition of those requirements into operational, production services through the implementation to build, transform and manage IT services. The team is also responsible for translation of business objectives into engineering requirements, the management of the storage service strategy, and in the identification and replacement of EOS/EOL equipment through management of strategic road maps complete with full Engineering documentation and Operations Guides. Additionally, to provide full ownership and management of data migration activities with zero data loss and production outages. Communication to executive management, lines of business, application development teams, and all consumers of the service will be managed via this function. Product managers will be the marketing liaison for storage services, informing all external groups of Storage Service offerings, strategies, road maps, and financial models aligned to their areas of expertise in the pursuit of simplified, standardized, global Enterprise Storage Services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key contributor and subject matter expert within Engineering Deployment team delivering the design, documentation and deployment of enterprise class data storage solutions to defined standards and approved infrastructure.
- Owns the testing, evaluation, certification, detailed designs, deployment and support of Enterprise Class Data Storage Systems.
- Acts as a principle technical expert collaborating and demonstrating a complete and inclusive view of the infrastructure, providing guidance, direction and advice in the creation of detailed designs and specifications.
- Lead work items and deliverables, manage the service and display the attributes required to be considered a leader of the Release and Deployment Engineering Team leadership.
- Share knowledge as part of mentoring, developing and training team members to elevate and improve their technical knowledge and application of skills towards support and operation of the services.
- Providing technical guidance and oversight to multiple teams working on numerous complex projects and technology programs.
- Understand and communicate the long term vision, strategies and direction of the storage service to internal storage teams and external Technology, Application Development teams, lines of business, and Senior Management.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Industry recognized technical qualifications in vendor approved programs relating to Enterprise Class Data Storage systems
- Proven track record and extensive background in engineering and architecture of complex solutions.
- Significant experience working with a range of industry recognized products including Dell EMC VMAX and XtremIO, NetApp CDOT, Cisco MDS, and Brocade switch fabrics.
- Experience with working in a high pressured, time critical, global service within a regulated industry segment.
- Experienced or proficient in coding automation using Ansible or current recognized scripting languages.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Proven experience in server platform administration.
- Confident in presentation of data and solutions to business and technical leadership.
- Foundation in project management frameworks - Agile, PRINCE2, etc.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60199
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1907091