BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Data Management and Quantitive Analysis
Data Management and Quantitative Analysis - Independently works with internal and external datasets and client reference data and participates in the development of statistical, financial and/or econometric models for analyzing asset performance, securities data, derivative pricing, risk exposure or other sophisticated concepts.
Provides analytical project management support for assigned area. With minimal guidance, supports assigned area with advanced, complex statistical and quantitative analyses.
Contributes to the development of the techniques and methodologies to be used for each type of activity/analysis. Leads data modeling and quantitative analysis projects and serves as resource to less experienced colleagues. Uses technology tools to conduct analyses. Applies techniques such as SQL and querying and macro development to extract data for populating models.
As an advanced user, may do some light programming or system configuration in order set up sophisticated models or algorithms.
Understands the relevant processes and products in assigned area and which analyses, methodologies and approaches best support assessment of performance, risk, or valuation.
Begins to lead complex projects in support of new or evolving processes/products. Interprets findings, prepares standard and ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders. Provides recommendations for addressing observed outcomes.
Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences. Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by less experienced colleagues.
No direct reports.
Provides guidance to more junior analysts. Primarily responsible for the accuracy and quality of own work and the work of assigned project team members. Work contributes to the achievement of area goals.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in quantitative analysis preferred.
- 3-6 years’ experience preferred.
- SQL advanced knowledge
- Experience in data processing
- Risk Experience is preferred (credit/market/liquidity)
- Familiarity with agile work environment will be an asset
- Experience in quantitative finance and technology preferred.
- Ability to take ownership and lead end-to-end projects
- Familiarity to create appropriate project documentation
- Communicative English B2/C1
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at different levels of seniority
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70125
Requisition Number: 1907111