BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Data Strategy - Data Solutions Workstream Lead (Control Center)
The Data Solutions Workstream Lead will serve as the key point of contact (from the data perspective) to the Control Center Workstream in the Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) program to drive the execution of the workstreams’ delivery plans, working with technology, operations and data resources to ensure that the workstream’s components meet the requirements of the overall DaaS architecture.
In addition, the Data Solutions Workstream Lead will serve as the key point of contact with representatives of Strategic Use Cases teams, who will work with each use case to determine its DaaS requirements, in order to confirm the workstream’s timelines for delivery on the requirements.
* A data-focused role, individuals are aligned with multiple functions and are responsible for the data architecture, systems, development work and technical controls of the assigned function.
* Ensures data tools within the organization are in sync with data governance policies, communicating in the same digital language and meeting the same enterprise-level goals.
* Accountable for the data architecture for data management within the function.
* Provides logical and technical reference architectures for effective data usage.
* Follows governance standards as part of implementing data management projects and ensure that access to the data is authorized and controlled.
* Manages priorities of the impacted systems and platforms.
* Partners with the Enterprise Architecture team to provide technical guidance to data management considerations.
* Consults with management and other colleagues on interpretation of data governance requirements.
* No direct reports.
* Provide work guidance to more junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of cross-functional objectives.
* Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology, mathematics/statistics or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science is preferred.
* 7-10 years of total work experience preferred.
* Experience preferred in architectural leadership of batch processing in financial services, articulating concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences, including data modeling, and conceptual, logical, physical, warehouse and data mart models.
* Broad knowledge of information technology, software development principles, emerging technologies and project management techniques preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70117
Organization: Digital Global-HR17565
Requisition Number: 1907192