BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst with German, Tax Reporting Compliance
Client Activation is responsible for the on-boarding of clients at BNY Mellon and ensuring the correct tax service is applied and correct tax reporting is performed.
This function is a central utility provider, servicing groups in mainly Asset Servicing, Corporate Trust (also Wealth Management, Broker Dealer Services, Treasury Services, Depository Receipts, Global Liquidity Services, Trade Operations, Loan Operations, Global Markets and AIS).
Dedicated Tax Contact Team is part of the Tax & Documentation department, a client-facing group present in multiple EMEA locations and that is the focal point of contact for EMEA Asset Servicing external and internal clients for all tax and client documentation matters. The team is responsible for regular reporting of missing tax documents on clients' accounts to ensure the most favorable withholding tax rates can be applied on their income payments. Each team member serves as a dedicated tax officer to multiple clients with diversified level of complexity. The team’s daily job is timely and accurately responding to withholding tax related client inquires.
Senior Analyst, Tax Reporting & Compliance provides subject-matter specific, professional client service support to the most significant Investment Managers and Clients in Europe, the Middle East & Africa (EMEA) on a day-to-day basis, and ensuring timely resolution of all issues raised. The position fulfills a leadership role in the department, including acting as a mentor and a resource for other Tax Client Service Officers and backing up the Tax Client Service Team Leader / Manager. The communication, exchange of information and reporting is an integral part of the job, be it with internal or external parties. The candidate must be able to request and convey information in an accurate and efficient manner and adapt the communication to the audience. It is of the highest importance to be accurate, thorough and timely. Any problem that would occur in the process has to be solved and/or escalated in an agreed manner, to avoid any financial and reputational risks.
- Serve as central point of contact for GFI (Global Financial Institutions) and High End Core clients, as well as investment managers and internal parties, for tax and proxy documentation issues, ensuring that all queries are addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Develop and improve relationships with most significant clients, taking ownership of all related issues.
- Participate in client visits, presentations, calls and/or meetings as appropriate. Assist in responding to RFPs (Request for Proposal) as appropriate.
- Develop knowledge of other BNY Mellon departments (including Corporate Actions, Accounting, Securities Lending and Global Income) to ensure timely resolution of cross-departmental issues.
- Represent the department in periodic service calls with various Global Operations departments, when needed.
- Ensure all Investment Manager or Client queries are logged on the appropriate system, providing management reporting where required.
- Assist the team and management with escalations.
- Play a leading role in ensuring the department remains up to date with respect to the latest tax regulations. Leverage internal and external sources of information as appropriate.
- Ensure all necessary tax, proxy and other applicable documentation is on file for all clients and monitored accordingly. Renew documentation well in advance of expiration so as to prevent any negative client or company impact.
- Ensure that relevant databases and client files remain up to date.
- Play an active role in developing and documenting procedures and ensuring they remain current.
- Actively identify potential process improvements by such means as automation, cost reduction or revenue generation and make appropriate recommendations to management
- Lead related projects, reporting updates to management as necessary and in the required format
- Coordinate production of client reporting, as required and according to agreed schedule.
- Assist and take ownership of new-hire training and the development of more junior staff members.
- Contribute to compilation of periodic department status reports.
- Act as back up to the Tax Client Service Team Leader / Manager, when needed.
- Total work experience min 2-3 years is a must, preferable within tax/financial services area.
- Pro-client attitude is a must (previous client-facing experience would be an asset)
- University Degree, preferably in a related area.
- Fluent English and German
- MS Office knowledge is a must (preferable MS Excel advanced user)
- Solid communication skills and decision-making capabilities.
- Accountability, flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
- Candidate must have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize the tasks well, often handle many tasks at once with appropriate level of detail-orientation.
- Ability to understand dynamic and complex local market regulations, procedures and practices and apply them to specific client and investment manager circumstances.
- Ability to effectively interact with other BNY Mellon departments (including Global Operations, Securities Lending and Corporate Actions).
- Ability to manage internal and external client expectations.
- Ability to escalate in an effective and timely fashion.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70594
Organization: Tax Document Report & Reclaim-HR17546
Requisition Number: 1907275