BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Perf.&Avail'ty Eng.
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology
Pershing is a BNY Mellon company. Pershing Technology provides technology solutions for wealth managers, advisers and broker-dealers. We provide a fully hosted suite of products providing front, middle and back office functionality. This covers order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
Our technology teams are based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
To support the growth of our business, we are creating a new role focussed on the capacity management of our systems.
Overview of the Role
Working in Technology and leveraging your personal Industry/ITIL knowledge and experience, you will be responsible for bringing together and building upon the existing capacity management practices at Pershing to define and manage a formal and appropriate Capacity Management framework of standards and best practice.
We require someone who:
• has experience of implementing Industry-standard Best Practice in Capacity Management
• has the communication and collaboration skills to drive improvement/change across the department
• has strong analysis and troubleshooting skills
• has a broad understanding of information technology systems – its functions and processes
• has the drive and ambition to learn our technology landscape
• is a well-organised, detail-oriented self-starter, with confidence and experience to seek out expertise across Pershing and BNY Mellon offices
• Manage, control and predict the performance and capacity of operational services
• Maintain data on system performance and capacity
• Maintain an up-to-date Capacity Plan with costings to cover multiple, business demand scenarios
• Reporting to Senior Management on service and resource capacity and performance, technical risk identification and mitigation planning
• Taking both proactive and reactive action to ensure that the performances and capacities of services meet their agreed targets
• Own and deliver capacity improvement plan
• ITIL / Industry Knowledge of Capacity management Best Practice and Standards
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a senior Capacity Management role
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Graduate level education in Information Systems Management, Computer Science or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
• Financial services knowledge
• Experience of working in a financially regulated business environment
• Experience of working with multi-location teams
• Previous hands-on technical experience in some capacity or other
In return, we will
• Offer you the opportunity to refresh and shape how Pershing undertakes Capacity Management
• Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60182
Organization: Pershing Technology-HR06376
Requisition Number: 1907282