BNY Mellon Careers
Prin, CSR & Social Invstng
Principal, Corporate Social Responsibility
Philanthropy & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at BNY Mellon supports our ability to make a positive impact on our stakeholders and society. Our CSR initiatives flow across our entire company to reinforce our trusted brand, allow clients to work with a company whose values match their own, enable our employees to feel good about where they work and improve lives in communities around the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive, sustainable world that encourages people to succeed and economies to thrive. To learn more about BNY Mellon’s approach to CSR, please visit www.bnymellon.com/csr.
As a member of the CSR team reporting to the Global Head, Philanthropy & CSR, the Principal, CSR and Social Investing drives execution on our overall CSR strategy.
About the role:
· Is one of the firm's leading subject matter experts in CSR, called upon to regularly present and discuss the firm’s strategies, plans and progress
· Contributes to the firm's CSR strategy while advancing the firm's business objectives
· Responsible for developing long term and short term goals, KPIs and tactics for advancing the firm's CSR performance
· Leads all aspects of CSR Governance, including management of all Corporate Governance, Nominating and Social Responsibility Committee of the Board of Directors matters
· Manages relationships with global, regional and local CSR/NGO organizations and centers of influence
· Works with CSR team to communicate results to the marketplace through the annual CSR report and other mechanisms.
· Sustains and expands BNY Mellon's top tier reputation in CSR
· May develop communications to address current and rising stakeholder expectations, while raising the profile of BNY Mellon
· Assesses existing operating standards to identify opportunities for process improvements and best practice adoption
· Team leader to a group of CSR professionals
Required skills and experience:
o Strong command of where the CSR field is advancing and influencing that development in order to make it relevant to the firm and to investors
o Understanding of how the external investment community evaluates CSR performance
o Deep business understanding and expert external engagement
o Ability to exert influence across multiple CSR disciplines at the firm, driving continuous improvement in performance so that the firm maintains its top reputation with external rating organizations
o Must have executive presence and be a high impact leader comfortable interacting at the highest levels of the firm (Executive Committee and CGNSR Board Committee)
o Existing knowledge of the banking or financial services industry preferred
QualificationsBachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. MBA, Master's of Public Policy, or other relevant graduate degree focusing on social responsibility preferred. Investment Management experience preferred. 10-12 years of total work experience, with 1-3 years of management experience, preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85457
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Organization: Corp Social Respon-Philanthrop-HR17566
Requisition Number: 1907403