BNY Mellon Careers
Head of Securities Finance Ops (SrGrpMgr, SrvcDeliveryGenMgmt)
BNY Mellon Markets Securities Finance is comprised of two complementary product offerings – Agency and Principal Securities Finance. By leveraging our global perspective and innovative capabilities across these solutions, Securities Finance is able to help clients optimize portfolio return, source liquidity to manage funding needs and reduce operating costs. As a member of the Securities Finance team, you will be part of a global market leader, working with a world class group in multiple global locations and servicing some of the largest clients worldwide.
Key roles & Responsibilities
• Manages the Global Securities Finance Operations services providing full transparency to stakeholders of the Securities Finance business.
• Maintains relationships with senior business leaders to report trends and needs; may provide forward-looking and strategic insight on Securities Finance services and practices to drive future revenue growth
• Maintains strong relationships with BNY Mellon Asset Servicing, specifically settlements, network management, corporate action processing, income collections and reconciliation teams.
• Partners with the Trading, Product, Sales, Relationship Management and Client Service groups to develop business with new and existing clients. Assists in working with the product development team to support staffing and process control
• Acts as the primary contact and partner to internal stakeholders and CoEs in regards to escalation, SLA discussion and monitoring, operational risk and control management, BCP coordination and process transformation
• Ensures and promotes an effective control and risk management culture in support of Corporate and Markets driven risk management and control requirements and initiatives.
• Oversees the day-to-day escalation of issues, design and direct procedures to ensure delivery of consistent results for Securities Finance Operations
• Drives operational standardization, efficiencies and transformation for the Operations of Securities Finance.
• Be familiar with all aspects of the Securities Finance products and be able to interact independently with Credit, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Control Management, Product Management, Technology, Client Service and Relationship Management and Business Heads on the transition process of the relevant product
• Develops and maintains meaningful metrics to support Securities Finance Operations
• Meet internal policies and procedures and external regulations - across multiple jurisdictions for all products
• Responsibles for providing leadership to the Securities Finance team. Oversees the workload and activities of assigned staff in order to ensure the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards and Markets policies and procedures
• Promotes a culture of process design and challenge to ensure we build processes and teams for the end state for each business and process
• Invests in developing talent focused on client service, operational efficiency and control
• Serves as a role model to teams. Provide training and development opportunities to staff and promote succession pipeline
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
10-15 years of total work experience is preferred with at least 3-5 years in management. Service delivery experience preferred. Prior experience in managing securities finance operations or securities processing/custody operations or equivalent experience required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70573
Job: Global Markets
Organization: Securities Finance Total-HR10447
Requisition Number: 1907527