BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Developer - Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Service Engineering team integrates and automates TSG products to work together and provide a seamless, client-facing, integrated service.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop and own the integration between the infrastructure-as-a-service system and its related services.
Drive the development of a good quality codebase through best practices, code reviews, testing, etc.
Assist the scrum master with project planning and sprint execution.
Collaborate with other teams and organizations to integrate relevant systems.
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in software development is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Enterprise software development experience using APIs, Python, Linux.
- Understanding of virtualization and operating systems.
- Experience with a version control systems (especially GIT).
- Continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) experience.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with private/public cloud.
- Linux or Windows Server experience.
- Familiarity of and experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Track record of automating services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45198
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1907533