The Corporate Services practice group within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department is hiring an experienced commercial real estate attorney who will primarily support the company’s General Services and Global Real Estate Department, which manages and operates the company’s entire real estate portfolio.
Responsibilities will include:
Providing hands on legal support in connection with all aspects of the management and operation of the company’s worldwide real estate portfolio, including assisting in the preparation of term sheets and RFPs, providing transactional legal advice, drafting and negotiation of commercial real estate lease documents and facilities-related contracts (leases, lease amendments, subleases, SNDAs, estoppel certificates, construction project contracts, facilities management contracts and other service contracts, etc.), interpreting and providing advice on existing leases and other contracts, and resolving disputes with landlords and other parties.
- When needed, managing outside counsel located both in and outside the United States
- Providing legal support with respect to the real estate aspects of various company initiatives and transactions, such as the company’s recovery and resolution planning efforts, corporate outsourcings, acquisitions and divestitures
Qualifications / Experience
· Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a commercial real estate attorney in a recognized law firm having a well-regarded commercial real estate practice or in a law department of a public company or financial institution
· Significant experience with commercial real estate leasing activities and service contracts relating to the operation and management of commercial real estate
· Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts for construction projects is a plus
· Self-starter with excellent judgment and professional integrity
· Strong written, verbal, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
· Strong academic background
· Must demonstrate strategic thinking, strong initiative and follow-through, as well as the ability to work independently and collaboratively under strict deadlines
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills who can work and form partnerships with stakeholders of all professional levels and diverse experience
· Track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, and being proactive and resourceful
· Ability to handle a large number of matters simultaneously; accustomed to performing under pressure and meeting deadlines
· Member in good standing of the Pennsylvania Bar
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Wilmington
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1907600