BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, ALM Liquidity - Vice President
The Vice President is a member of the Asset Liability Management team within Corporate Treasury, focusing on liquidity management. The primary responsibilities of the Vice President include the preparation of liquidity forecasts for stress testing, the development of liquidity assumptions and framework, responding to regulatory and Independent Liquidity Risk (‘ILR’) requests, reporting Liquidity Stress Test (‘LST’) results and trends, and ad-hoc analysis related to the liquidity impact of various business and funding initiatives.
To fulfill this role, the Vice President will be required to
· --Develop, implement, and calculate the LST for the Company and significant internal legal entities that are commensurate with their respective liquidity risk, incorporating best practice. Design and model stress scenarios, develop assumptions, analyze LST results and identify drivers of liquidity risk.
· --Enhance the measurement and monitoring of liquidity risk, to develop methods to reduce and mitigate liquidity risk. Prepare LST reports analyzing variances, historical trends and assumption changes.
· --Have a strong understanding of emerging regulatory liquidity requirements to optimize the Company's liquidity risk framework. Present aspects of the liquidity risk framework to regulators, ILR, Internal Audit and other oversight bodies.
· --Lead and coordinate projects with multi-disciplinary teams across Treasury, Risk, Finance, Technology and the business. Support the preparation and implementation of project plans, delivering to deadline.
· --Lead and manage a team to achieve deliverables. Train and supervise junior members to develop the team’s capabilities. Set goals, provide regular feedback and write performance appraisals.
· --Gain a thorough understanding of the LST production process, to help implement efficiencies and enhance the control framework. Ensure procedures are appropriately documented and develop robust policies.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
·- --Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
· Graduate degree (MBA), CPA or CFA is preferred
· --7-10 years of total work experience preferred, financial or consultative services preferred
· --High proficiency in written and verbal communications skills
· Strong problem solving and analytical ability
· --Accounting or financial background with knowledge of financial statements and ratios
· --Comfortable dealing with senior management and regulators
· --MS Office proficient with strong excel and power point skills
· --Project management skills
· --Independent working approach
· --Ability to explain complex issues in a clear and concise manner
· Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
Additional skillset includes: analysis of corporate financial statements, business process modeling and understanding of a complex financial institution's operational work flows; keen learner; calm under pressure; strong quantitative and qualitative skills; ability to synthesize large amounts of data and deduce conclusions from data gaps; ability to draw persuasive conclusions in power point presentations to executive management; strong leadership abilities; works effectively in a co-located team environment; interacts comfortably with staff at all levels; displays a willingness to challenge conventional thinking.
Candidate is expected to work independently with minimal supervision and to develop into a highly trained professional with a well-balanced understanding of the company's range of activities. Leadership ability will be key in ensuring tasks are completed to deadline.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85268
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1907715