BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager Compliance & Control, Advisory
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses including the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. In EMEA, Compliance is split into four pillars; Advisory, Monitoring, Financial Crime and Policy and Governance. Advisory provide the second line of defence on compliance issues for all of the lines of business in EMEA, assisting the business through regulatory requirements, best practices and regulatory relationships.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
Senior Group Manager Compliance & Control, Advisory is required to take a leading role in supporting BNY Mellon front office cross Business line teams in remaining compliant with regulatory requirements and corporate compliance policies. The role holder will play a leading role in the day-to-day running of the Compliance Advisory team and management of compliance advisory activities, in particular as they relate to Investment Services front office activity in the UK, including Asset Servicing, Broker Dealer Services, Issuer Services and Treasury Services. Role holder will act as a key partner to 1st line senior management and 2nd/3rd line stakeholders. Represents Compliance at internal legal entity/governance forums and external meetings as required.
The role may require input across other BNY Mellon operations where business is outsourced. Therefore, the jobholder should be prepared to travel from time to time.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
• Provide accurate and timely technical advice and guidance to business/business partner colleagues on regulatory compliance issues.
• Identify and analyse emerging Compliance risks and trends. Provide feedback and recommendations to other Compliance and Business colleagues on how to mitigate these risks. Provide strategic direction to the work of the Advisory Compliance team.
• Manage a team of Compliance professionals ensuring the work of the team is produced to a consistently high standard, is relevant and timely.
• Work with Regulatory Change Compliance Officers to ensure effective hand over to BAU on Regulatory Change Projects.
• Where required act as liaison between the Business and the regulators. Ensure that internal colleagues are appropriately prepared for discussions with external regulators.
• Represent BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/ forums.
• Provide constructive challenge within meetings regarding relevant regulatory requirements.
• Participating in or leading the delivery of Compliance related training.
• Deputising for the Head of Investment Services Advisory Compliance where required.
• Where required provide support to the Business and Compliance monitoring teams at the appropriate stages of Compliance Monitoring reviews. This is likely to comprise sharing of information with Compliance Monitoring colleagues regarding the business lines and/or regulatory themes they are planning to review and assisting the Business in designing and implementing any corrective action identified through the monitoring reviews.
• Represent Compliance at the regular board and committee meetings of UK Regulated entities as required. Ensure that any Compliance reports required for those meetings are provided in a timely manner and are focused and relevant to the meeting topic. Provide constructive challenge.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
Degree level qualification
Industry compliance qualifications/Professional qualifications
Technical Competence & Experience:
• Ideally previous experience leading a Compliance team.
• Relevant technical knowledge of UK/EMEA conduct regulatory framework and strong overall understanding of wholesale/custody Banking. Strong knowledge of CASS an advantage.
Key Competencies and skills:
• Focused attitude to work with the ability to meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• An ability to provide strategic leadership within the immediate team and wider Compliance group.
• An ability to provide effective and constructive challenge.
• Strong analytical skills, detail focussed; ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex situations.
• Ability to think pragmatically and proactively suggest solutions;
• Team player and flexible in a fast paced environment
• Articulate and able to represent UK/EMEA Compliance to senior business personnel and external stakeholders with confidence.
• Good report writing and presentation skills
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85168
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1907781