Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST) is responsible for application development and support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing).
Markets & Market Risk Technology (MMRT) within CMIST provides technology management and application development for Foreign Exchange (FX), Securities Finance, Global Collateral Management, Liquidity Management, and Fixed Income & Equities businesses. This group also supports the company’s market risk and counterparty credit risk platforms.
Collateral Administration business has been growing and added additional clients including T. Rowe Price last year. The Sr. Specialist Developer will work on the IM Seg Regulatory initiative and Greenfield initiative. These projects will help meet regulatory needs as well as reduce high risk on aging infrastructure issues. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for building and enhancing UI that present critical data services for our businesses. You will be expected to design application modules, build test suites, analyze business requirements and propose innovative technology solutions.
- Participate in defining system requirements and designing technical solutions to developing and testing enhancements
- Collaborate with client and project teams to turn business requirements into detailed design specifications, and then build or enhance systems to meet their needs
- Testing and QA coordination
- Liaison with the business, support and development teams
- Create Common sharable component which can we used in multiple projects
- Participate in code reviews and unit testing
- Troubleshoot performance and scalability issues
Sr. Specialist Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring 'best practices' for technical development methodologies and tools. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BS / MS (Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering)
- 8 to 10 years overall experience, with recent 5+ years of experience with UI development
- Experience in modern web application design and responsive design.
- Experience in CSS post processing such as LESS/SASS/SCSS, webpack, ES6, Babel, Bootstrap, eslint, redux/ngrx.
- Previous experience with Java technologies is a plus
- Some experience with UX is preferred
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1907782