BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst, Compliance and Control
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The role will be required to candidate to support with the maintenance of registers and important compliance data ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations including the production and distribution of timely, accurate and relevant MI to Senior management committees, Lines of Business or business partners charged with oversight of specific KRIs, Specific senior managers with regulatory oversight obligations Compliance and Risk
Policy & Governance Process:
• Provide support in respect to the EMEA wide regulatory registers, Complaints, Breaches, Conflicts of Interest as required.
• Provide advice to relevant Lines of Business, Business partners on the capture of relevant MI and data fields under EMEA regulatory registers
• Provide support to collate, develop and improve Management Information for use within Compliance internally
• Ensure issues reported to Compliance are in accordance to policy – escalate any problems / continued breaches of policy to Head of Architecture & Governance
• Liaison with Lines of Business, Business Partners and Compliance colleagues to ensure EMEA registers are comprehensive, relevant and up to date.
Regulatory Change Process:
• Collection of regulatory information through service provider sources to identify new/revised regulatory developments that are applicable to BNY Mellon’s EMEA business activities across multiple jurisdictions
• Produce of summary documents that can be easily understood by the businesses and clearly identify the key issues for BNY Mellon
• Documents regulatory developments, in an on-line tracker tool, in a timely manner, comprising a summary of each development, with an initial impacts rating
• Issues email alerts to stakeholders (e.g. EMEA Compliance team leaders, senior management, impacted Lines of Business) in relation to identified regulatory developments, which may require their attention
• Prepare briefings for the project team and senior management on regulatory developments.
• Enthusiastic self-starter
• Previous experience within the Compliance function in the financial services industry
• Experience of European regulatory requirements
• Ability to understand, interpret and communicate relevant regulatory requirements
• Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage a significant workload during busy periods
• Effectively use Microsoft Office applications and PC proficiency in Windows-based programs.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: 85349
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1907783