BNY Mellon Careers
Group Manager, Private Equity and Real Estate
The role is going to be assigned to a new team being formed currently for Clients/Projects transformation from US to Poland.
Directs multiple Fund Accounting teams that are responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of a broad array of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Responsible for the financial and human resources for the unit and ensures assigned teams are operating effectively to meet unit goals and objectives.
- Directs processes and allocation of resources in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds in multiple sectors for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with a broad set of clients and resolves any unique escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves complex escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Develops strategy for and provides guidance to teams on the implementation of new policies to follow regulations. Implements and assists in setting guidelines, policies, and priorities for the drafting of financial reports for a broad set of clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and complex accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Oversees relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple Fund/Client Accounting teams.
- Work is primarily accomplished through subordinate managers.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams objectives
- Education in accounting and the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Min. 7 years of total work experience and at least 1-3 years in management preferred
- Experience in Private Equity and Real Estate preferred
- Big 4 accounting firm experience would be an asset
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Business stakeholder management skills
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70504
Organization: AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1907810